Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  
Old 04-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #91
Legal Jacket
Dodd-like

Default Re: Practice Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtzulu View Post
There's got to be a solution that doesn't require a mobile 160kg player or a 4-3...
I think the problem is just time/recruiting. For whatever reason, we haven't been pushing the DT recruits. Barnes hasn't fully developed. Neither has Shawn Green. The difficulty in the position is you don't want to have more than 3 or 4 DTs on scholarship at one time since they can't do much else, even if it is an important position. We aren't getting the 5 star locks because of other schools. We also don't want to bring in reaches who may not be what we are looking for at a position that doesn't let you make recruiting mistakes (it's a little different with something like AB where we can have more on scholarship and easily move them to a number of other positions if they don't pan out).

Hopefully a guy like Gamble or Gotsis can develop quickly.
Legal Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #92
bonham
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyptomcat View Post
I didn't want to post the takedown publicly, here it is:
http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63527
I remember watching something like this in an NFL game some years ago. Some WR went after Deion Sanders, and Deion body slammed the guy almost effortlessly.

I expect the Defense guy to win these types of scuffles almost every time. I mean, it's the Defense's job to put guys on the ground, right? I would actually be worried if Sweeting was the one that got taken down.

Hopefully, Greene realizes all this and doesn't stay butthurt over it.
bonham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #93
gt2690b
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonham View Post
I remember watching something like this in an NFL game some years ago. Some WR went after Deion Sanders, and Deion body slammed the guy almost effortlessly.

I expect the Defense guy to win these types of scuffles almost every time. I mean, it's the Defense's job to put guys on the ground, right? I would actually be worried if Sweeting was the one that got taken down.

Hopefully, Greene realizes all this and doesn't stay butthurt over it.
Really held out for butthurt till the end... Nice
gt2690b is offline   Reply With Quote