Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Other Sports

Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
GruffyMcGuiness
Dodd-like

Default Official 2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

Opening day! Unfortunately we don't play until tomorrow...

Here's to another good season of Major League Baseball!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
The Jacket
Dodd-like

Default Re: Official 2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

Cheers. I'm so, so, so happy that the season is finally here. Hopefully in three or four months we'll be looking at our boys atop the East, leaving some really good teams (and the Mets) in the dust.

Go Braves!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
etc79
Dodd-like

Ahh, I love how we get the almost seemless transition from NCAA basketball into baseball. Then when Im getting sick of watching regular season baseball, football begins to fireup!!
etc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
The Jacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc79 View Post
Ahh, I love how we get the almost seemless transition from NCAA basketball into baseball. Then when Im getting sick of watching regular season baseball, football begins to fireup!!
Not to derail our excitement for baseball, but this is one of the big things that makes losing the Thrashers hurt so much more. From December until April, I should have my hockey team to follow and obsess over and go see in person. Instead, the only pro team we have in that timeframe now is the Hawks which I believe to be the most difficult team to root for in Atlanta. Of course, I love all Atlanta teams unconditionally but the disrespect from Joe Johnson toward the fans and Josh Smith's (who has admittedly improved) tendency to wallow and whine on the wrong end of the court when things don't go his way.. these things make the Hawks less appealing than our other clubs.

Back on track, however, the Braves are the first team I loved and starting tomorrow we'll have them around for (hopefully) the next seven months. I am so hungry for a legitimate pennant run. And there's no shortage of intrigue in the team this year. Chipper's curtain call, Heyward and Freddie's continued progression, hoping for surprisingly big things from Pastornicky/Simmons, a full year of Michael Bourne.. and that's to say nothing of the pitching staff stories.

I don't know that it's our best chance to compete, but it's definitely the most interesting Braves team we've had in a number of years. (imo imo imo)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
Architorture23
Dodd-like

this might be the best week of the year... The Masters and opening day of baseball season.
Architorture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
The Jacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architorture23 View Post
this might be the best week of the year... The Masters and opening day of baseball season.
No way guy. Any week in October easily takes the cake. College football and the NFL in full swing, the MLB postseason, the NHL and NBA seasons getting underway and even NASCAR if you're into that sort of thing.

Add to that the fact that you can easily find Boo Berry and Count Chocula in stores and those huge bags of Halloween candy for cheap?

October cannot be topped.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
etc79
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jacket View Post
No way guy. Any week in October easily takes the cake. College football and the NFL in full swing, the MLB postseason, the NHL and NBA seasons getting underway and even NASCAR if you're into that sort of thing.

Add to that the fact that you can easily find Boo Berry and Count Chocula in stores and those huge bags of Halloween candy for cheap?

Agreed!!
etc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Ish
Dodd-like

Quote:

yeah, but shutup
Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
Architorture23
Dodd-like

Quote:

I just don't care anything about the NHL or the NBA. I'm not extremely interested in the NFL. Football is a little bit different because its a weekend sport. I pay attention to college football during the week, but not the NFL.

I love how there's a baseball game on every night and The Masters is, imo, the greatest sporting event in America.
Architorture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
The Jacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
yeah, but shutup
I'll cut you bro. Mega bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architorture23 View Post
I just don't care anything about the NHL or the NBA. I'm not extremely interested in the NFL. Football is a little bit different because its a weekend sport. I pay attention to college football during the week, but not the NFL.

I love how there's a baseball game on every night and The Masters is, imo, the greatest sporting event in America.
I understand where you're coming from. Honestly, I may be more inclined to agree with you if I could get into golf. I've tried on multiple occasions to follow the sport, I just can't seem to maintain an interest.