Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Other Sports

Old 04-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #61
Allen Koholic
Dodd-like

Default Re: 2012 NHL Playoffs Prediction/Observations Thread

Dammit. Halak is now sitting out the next game for the Blues due to getting steamrolled by his own guy. There goes my prediction...
Allen Koholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #62
GTCrew4b
Dodd-like

it's not like Elliot was terrible during the season, but it is definitely a big blow.
Does the 80k include benefits, bro?
GTCrew4b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #63
gtrower
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Koholic View Post
What's the sound a school bus makes when it's screaming down the interstate at 85 MPH and all four wheels simultaneously fall off at once? Insert that sound here.

I can tell you what happened to the Penguins - Max Talbot plays for other city in Pennsylvania. They're low on the character players that do the things you need to do to win. Throw in the fact that Letang got a questionable ejection yesterday, and it was a recipe for a beat down. Malkin has gone into hiding, again. And Crosby seems to be determined to prove he isn't a -----.

And how about the Kings. I can't believe Luongo got benched.
? The announcers called on a rule saying if you keep punching a guy with his jersey pulled over his head (defenseless) then its pretty much an auto-ejection. he also wrestled him to the ground and still kept wailing on the defenseless Flyer. I don't really know the rules on that, but if it wasn't enough, the fact that he went after Timonen is reason enough to boot his ass. What a p*ssy move. I read that was Timonen's first career fight. That's not the way to send a message. Plenty of other guys on the ice you could go after as a seasoned figher. And then you proceed to give the "shh" symbol as you skate of the ice in the 1st period with your team down 1-3.

***Edit***

As it turns it, it's automatic.
According to NHL Rule 46.7: "Fighting After the Original Altercation - A game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who is assessed a major penalty for fighting after the original altercation has started."
- Rich Hofmann

***Edit***

Neal should be suspended. And also shows his lack of testicles by trying to pretend he wasn't headhunting in the postgame interviews. He claimed he didn't see anybody and tried to hold up once he realized the Flyer was in his path. It's plain as day that he skated towards him and did his best impression of a safety defending a crossing route with the puck nowhere in sight.

Asham...who even considers that goon a hockey player anymore?

But award for the biggest vag of the game, the sport, and maybe all of pro sports goes to Crosby. Sets the whole tone of the game by hacking at a frozen puck like he was chopping wood. Then picks a fight with Giroux and waits for the linesman to come break up the jersey-pulling before throwing a punch. And I've never seen so many jabs to the backs of players' heads. He's the toughest guy on the ice until the other guy turns around to see who's punching him.
gtrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #64
BuzzCzar
Dodd-like

Pens can win without Crosby and win without Malkin but not without Letang, he is essential

Dupuis and Staal seem to be waiting for someone else to do something and the Jagr factor has not gone unnoticed; Talbot is great and we miss him but he didn't really piss anyone off going to Philly - Yinzers realize he's gotta get paid and they still like him. Jagr however spurned Lemieux and for $1 million burned the rest of his fans (like me) and the Pens seem obsessed to prove him wrong- silly. It's like they are still playing game 1, and Bylesma need to take some blame for that too

Lastly. Bryz has been as good in periods 2 and 3 for the Flyers as he has been bad in periods 1; he gets some credit also imo
Old 04-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #65
05GTCorndog
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrower View Post
? The announcers called on a rule saying if you keep punching a guy with his jersey pulled over his head (defenseless) then its pretty much an auto-ejection. he also wrestled him to the ground and still kept wailing on the defenseless Flyer. I don't really know the rules on that, but if it wasn't enough, the fact that he went after Timonen is reason enough to boot his ass. What a p*ssy move. I read that was Timonen's first career fight. That's not the way to send a message. Plenty of other guys on the ice you could go after as a seasoned figher. And then you proceed to give the "shh" symbol as you skate of the ice in the 1st period with your team down 1-3.
Yes, Letang lost his cool and gave that bitCh a pretty good beat down, however it isn't like Letang is some brawling enforcer out there. In 5 NHL regular seasons, he has 4 fights.

That is who Letang got paired up with on the ice. It is what it is.

05GTCorndog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #66
BuzzCzar
Dodd-like

The Flyers are at least as bad as the Pens in the dirty stuff imo
Old 04-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #67
ElCidBUZZingFAN
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCzar View Post
The Flyers are at least as bad as the Pens in the dirty stuff imo
No partial observer (me included) that watched Game 3 would ever arrive at that conclusion. I could give two shits about hockey outside the playoffs, and during and after every single game of this series, I want to see the entire Penguin's bench get lit on fire.

Sorry. Those guys whine and bitch during a game, while doing the same exact crap, like no other hockey club I've ever seen.
ElCidBUZZingFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #68
BuzzCzar
Dodd-like

The first goal of the series Crosby works hard and scores and then gets punched in the face- no? YES
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #69
BuzzCzar
Dodd-like

The first goal of the series Crosby works hard and scores and then gets punched in the face- no? YES

They definitely have a chip on their shoulder for everyone saying Flyers would dominate physically. Like I said, they seem to be still playing Game 1.

That said, winning 4 games in a row will give them steam for round 2. :tic:
Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #70
GTCrew4b
Dodd-like

No. He got bumped to the ground and then hit in the shoulder while on the ground. Nothing too terrible, and definitely nothing worse than what's been going on in any other playoff series.

Obviously Tortarella and his Rangers will give any team a run for their money when it comes to playing dirty, but the Penguins do it in a much bitchier style.
Does the 80k include benefits, bro?
GTCrew4b is offline   Reply With Quote