Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Other Sports

Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #41
gtphd
Dodd-like

Default Re: 15 days until Braves opening day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architorture23 View Post
and he's on my fantasty team...
I've got a man-crush on Freddie Freeman and followed him all through the minors. But seriously, how many teams are in your fantasy league that you drafted Freeman at 1B? Were AGon, Votto, Pujols, Fielder, Howard, and Teixeira all taken?
gtphd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #42
southendzoneBEE
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtphd View Post
I've got a man-crush on Freddie Freeman and followed him all through the minors. But seriously, how many teams are in your fantasy league that you drafted Freeman at 1B? Were AGon, Votto, Pujols, Fielder, Howard, and Teixeira all taken?
I don't think you realize that in fantasy baseball your lineup consists of a 1b a 1b/3b and 3 utility players
Funny, because we're about to have a fan-declared bounce back year followed by a fan-declared rebuilding year. Or the other way around, we'll play it by ear. You should probably just admit yourself to the nearest psych ward as a precautionary measure.
southendzoneBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #43
Architorture23
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtphd View Post
There are 8 teams in my league. My strategy was to wait to take a 1B since there are so many quality 1B. I have the best SS and arguably the best 2B (Tulo and Uggla) because those are relatively thin positions and I thought I could make up ground at those positions.

Freeman is a backup 1B. Berkman is my starter and I also have Swisher on the bench. I also have JJ Hardy in the bench at SS and have thought about trading he or Tulo for a 1B, especially since Berkman can also play OF.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #44
southendzoneBEE
Dodd-like

Quote:
There are 8 teams in my league. My strategy was to wait to take a 1B since there are so many quality 1B. I have the best SS and arguably the best 2B (Tulo and Uggla) because those are relatively thin positions and I thought I could make up ground at those positions.

Freeman is a backup 1B. Berkman is my starter and I also have Swisher on the bench. I also have JJ Hardy in the bench at SS and have thought about trading he or Tulo for a 1B, especially since Berkman can also play OF.
I would start freeman over both of those guys
Funny, because we're about to have a fan-declared bounce back year followed by a fan-declared rebuilding year. Or the other way around, we'll play it by ear. You should probably just admit yourself to the nearest psych ward as a precautionary measure.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
Architorture23
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by southendzoneBEE View Post
I would start freeman over both of those guys
you think freeman will total more fantasy points than berkman and swisher? MAYBE Swisher, but not Berkman if he stays healthy.

Plus, I actually think Freeman might struggle in this, his second season, a little like Heyward did. Not as bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers weren't as good as they were last year.

Last edited by Architorture23; 03-29-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Architorture23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #46
etc79
Dodd-like

Another Bomb by Heyward!!
etc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #47
gtphd
Dodd-like

That Zimmerman kid is pretty good. I wonder if they'd trade him.
gtphd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #48
southendzoneBEE
Dodd-like

Cool Re: 15 days until Braves opening day

Quote:
you think freeman will total more fantasy points than berkman and swisher? MAYBE Swisher, but not Berkman if he stays healthy.

Plus, I actually think Freeman might struggle in this, his second season, a little like Heyward did. Not as bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers weren't as good as they were last year.
Freeman's upside is currently higher than heywards. He has proven that he has the consistency to perform every year and is continuing that this spring. Berkman had a randomly good season but will not string together what he accomplished last year. Swisher is a disappointment every season
Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #49
southendzoneBEE
Dodd-like

25 man updated
Old 04-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #50
southendzoneBEE
Dodd-like

Trade JJ Hoover for Juan Francisco today... Updated.