Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  
Old 03-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #31
gatechfalcons3
Damn Good Rat

Default Re: New commit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrower View Post
Is good better or worse than solid?

I liked the film I've seen of Newkirk, although I have an untrained eye when it comes to basketball recruiting.
It's better....we lead for Newkirk not sure on Morris or Poole though.
gatechfalcons3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #32
lonestarjacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactBuzz View Post
Funny my dad and I were talking Friday night about the state of PG at GT and I said something to the effect of "what I wouldn't give for a TJ Vines, Fred Vinson or Karl Brown right about now"

Oh for the days of a backcourt like Barry and Best who both could play either PG or SG.

I sincerely hate having a SPOF at the PG position and the flexibility of having two who can play together is a luxury I long to have again. Many probably forget that Brian Oliver was our PG before Anderson arrived.

Originally Posted by GEETEELEE
A not insignificant percentage of the polarity and animosity in partisan politics is due to inaccurate stereotypes being perpetuated by those who should know better.
lonestarjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
GT1992
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarjacket View Post
Oh for the days of a backcourt like Barry and Best who both could play either PG or SG.

I sincerely hate having a SPOF at the PG position and the flexibility of having two who can play together is a luxury I long to have again. Many probably forget that Brian Oliver was our PG before Anderson arrived.
Or that Craig Neal was a 2 before becoming the PG. Having two good ball handlers/distributors up top is certainly more ideal than the situation we're in now. We have two pretty good big men and can't get them the ball consistently.
GT1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #34
muscleman2470
Jolly Good Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTCorndog View Post
Point Guard, Corey Heyward.

Son of Iron Head Heyward.

Played at Peachtree Ridge. Played this year at Hargrave.
Cameron Heyward (football OL/DL, another son of Iron Head Heyward) also played at Peachtree Ridge when I was there. Guy was a beast and helped us win our first football state championship within 4 years of the school's opening. Hope this kid also has the same type of talent, but in basketball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej67 View Post
STINGTALK NEEDS THAT ARMORED SCOUT CAR. Someone buy it for us. I will help maintain it, and will cook the burgers for the Stingtalk Tailgate. We can fly the Gadsden Flag and shoot paintball guns at the Hivers across the parking lot.
muscleman2470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #35
clapper
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactBuzz View Post
Funny my dad and I were talking Friday night about the state of PG at GT and I said something to the effect of "what I wouldn't give for a TJ Vines, Fred Vinson or Karl Brown right about now"
Fred Vinson didn't play PG.
clapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #36
RamblinRed
Jolly Good Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper View Post
Fred Vinson didn't play PG.
Loved Karl Brown. Huge defensive pest. He played a really important role on the 1990 team. He would guard the opponents best perimeter player and he also allowed Kenny to slide to SG and play more off the ball. When Karl was in everyone would slide a slot so you would have Anderson at SG, Oliver at SF, Scott at PF and then one of Mackey or McNeil playing center.

RamblinRed
RamblinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #37
KG01
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRed View Post
Monte Morris - good odds
These odds may take a hit now that, per Rod Beard's twitter, Michigan has started recruiting Morris (now that Trey Burke has NBA leanings).

It'll be hard for us to pull a hometown kid from Michigan now that they're back to being a solid program.
KG01 is offline   Reply With Quote