Chelsea playing an elimination game
so are Zenit-Porto and Marseille-Dortmund
cyptomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
GTBlazer
Temporarily Banned

Default Re: Champs League

CITY and UNITED are OUT...

that is BAD BAD BAD for the rest of the EPL who will get a rested City and United for the rest of the campaign
GTBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
cyptomcat
Dodd-like

I didn't realize City was out, I figured they were in since they won their game. That sucks. It's totally Madrid and Barca now.

There is a Cyprus team that is through, it's a Greek team, Turkish teams in Cyprus are not recognized so they can't compete.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
GTBlazer
Temporarily Banned

untill I see full A squad rosters for every champs league game--Ill always dismiss the Champions league as a sham.....sure you get the studs here and there--but no way United and City are sent home packing if they play their big boys...and no way Olympiacos beats Arsenal 2-1 yesterday.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
MTrain
Dodd-like

what are you talking about blazer. teams try harder in champs league than any other competition.

arsenal could totally afford to lose yesterday that is why that result came. hell, even oddsmakers had the greeks as the favorite.

who did united and city not play? when you are down to 32 teams, everyone is good.

newsflash: there are other GREAT teams in europe besides the EPL usual suspects, barca and real
MTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
MTrain
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyptomcat View Post
I didn't realize City was out, I figured they were in since they won their game. That sucks. It's totally Madrid and Barca now.

There is a Cyprus team that is through, it's a Greek team, Turkish teams in Cyprus are not recognized so they can't compete.
I can see a few names that can give Barca and Real a run on a given day. Bayern is one of them obviously
Old 12-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
GTBlazer
Temporarily Banned

mtrain.....keep trying bud...Barca was without Messi and a heap of stars..Arsenals squad had a handful of their everyday epl players..they only try when they NEED to win.....they send their B squads out there....I compare the roster everygame

Last edited by GTBlazer; 12-07-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #8
cyptomcat
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBlazer View Post
mtrain.....keep trying bud...Barca was without Messi and a heap of stars..Arsenals squad had a handful of their everyday epl players..they only try when they NEED to win.....they send their B squads out there....I compare the roster everygame
of course they hold them when they already have it in the bag.

so were players from Man U held for previous games?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #9
GTBlazer
Temporarily Banned

come on guys...it isnt even close--dont even try to argue this one........

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...582/index.html
you can look at every roster for every game....sure there are some of their studs--but then there are some guys who havent played a weekend minute yet......
all the champions league does is dillute the participating teams throughout the year....do you think anyone in the EPL is happy City and United are eliminated?? hell no....now they know united and city can throw their horses at them for the full 90' every time out....even while some of them are still going to have to try to balance between their champs league or europa hopes....

is the champs league a great showcase of talent?!? sure!!! but--if you think the winner of it is the BEST club in the world--go smoke some crack...city and united just proved that it isnt the most important thing to them...because if it were--they'd be through

besides some of these countries that have bids?? are you kidding me....it would be like giving a mac team an automatic bid if the bcs ever changed to tournament style.....
Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #10
MTrain
Dodd-like

Blazer has absolutely no clue on this one. Do you even know how this tournament works?

*Tapatalk made me post in the wrong thread*