Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  
Old 10-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
TechinItEasy
Dodd-like

Default I'm with Ant

And that's why I steer clear of the football forum during meltdown mode.

Kids or not, how would you feel if you worked your butt off everyday and gave it your all at your job, and the people who are supposed to be behind you and support you have nothing to say but how bad you sucked? You think you would have a hard time keeping a good attitude? I would.

Pitiful.

I was at Clemson, and I didn't like what I saw more than anyone else..but I screamed my head off and I'm gonna go do it again in Blacksburg in 2 weeks.

Get behind this team, or GTFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
kyle has never made ouwit hte a girl. i guarantee it. mens hwearhouse. oulll like the awy you lioke. i gurantee it.
TechinItEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
TheTaxJacket
Dodd-like

Default Re: I'm with Ant

Still got everything to play for!!!!!

Not eliminated from championship, beat VT, beat MIA, beat Georgia!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
andrew
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechinItEasy View Post
And that's why I steer clear of the football forum during meltdown mode.

Kids or not, how would you feel if you worked your butt off everyday and gave it your all at your job, and the people who are supposed to be behind you and support you have nothing to say but how bad you sucked? You think you would have a hard time keeping a good attitude? I would.

Pitiful.

I was at Clemson, and I didn't like what I saw more than anyone else..but I screamed my head off and I'm gonna go do it again in Blacksburg in 2 weeks.

Get behind this team, or GTFO.
A little bit of hyperbole? If all you can see in the forum this season is posts about how much we suck, you're doing some selective reading. In fact I'd say the forums really haven't been all that negative overall.

No they're not happy happy sunshine but let's be honest: neither is the product on the field. Overall most people are optimistic about the future and it's not like the Gailey or Hewitt years where people revel in the team's failures.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
TechinItEasy
Dodd-like

Quote:
A little bit of hyperbole? If all you can see in the forum this season is posts about how much we suck, you're doing some selective reading. In fact I'd say the forums really haven't been all that negative overall.

No they're not happy happy sunshine but let's be honest: neither is the product on the field. Overall most people are optimistic about the future and it's not like the Gailey or Hewitt years where people revel in the team's failures.
How about you shut up and be a fan of this team, instead of imagining how much better you think we'll be when a different set of players come in.

If you think the overall mood of this board and the hive since WEEK ONE of this season when we didn't play lights out vs SCSU hasn't been one of pretty strong negativity then you are blind.

Quote:
kyle has never made ouwit hte a girl. i guarantee it. mens hwearhouse. oulll like the awy you lioke. i gurantee it.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
gth860h
Damn Good Rat

Quote:
How about you shut up and be a fan of this team, instead of imagining how much better you think we'll be when a different set of players come in.

If you think the overall mood of this board and the hive since WEEK ONE of this season when we didn't play lights out vs SCSU hasn't been one of pretty strong negativity then you are blind.
It's hardly been one of strong negativity; that's as ridiculous as saying it's been really positive. I would describe it as disappointed but optimistic. If you expect to come to a football message board and not discuss football... well, I don't know what to tell you.

That said, comments like saying specific players suck or you hate the defense etc like I've seen are unacceptable. But expecting no negative comments on the play of a 5-3 team is silly.
gth860h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
andrew
Dodd-like

Quote:
It would certainly be easier to just shut up but unfortunately my lack of fandom keeps me flying to every home game to voice my support for the players and the team. I'll try to work on quelling that urge and maybe it will save me some dollars and gain your appreciation in the future.

Not that my taking long strides to go to games and support the team makes me any more of a fan than you; but to say I'm not a fan of this team is ridiculous.

Quote:
Other than the days following Kansas game it simply has not been that negative. There has been a lot of frank discussion about the team and its talent, but that's what a discussion board exists for. Given that the performance on field has been more negative than positive that discussion will naturally have a negative feel.

But in terms of name calling, doomsday predictions, and ripping of players there has not been a whole lot of that, save for some idiots and known trolls. The vast majority of people support Coach Johnson, are quick to call out anyone who does unnecessarily rip a player, and still watch and go to the games to support the Jackets.

If you want to see what a negative board looks like, go over to the basketball sub-forum some time.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
TechinItEasy
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gth860h View Post
It's hardly been one of strong negativity; that's as ridiculous as saying it's been really positive. I would describe it as disappointed but optimistic. If you expect to come to a football message board and not discuss football... well, I don't know what to tell you.

That said, comments like saying specific players suck or you hate the defense etc like I've seen are unacceptable. But expecting no negative comments on the play of a 5-3 team is silly.
This is what I'm talking about, and I'm sure what AA was talking about. I hardly think anyone expect 0 negative comments about what's happening on the field.

But I've been here for 3-4 years now and this is the worst I've seen as far as calling out individual players. It's not called for.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
Ish
Dodd-like

Quote:
This is what I'm talking about, and I'm sure what AA was talking about. I hardly think anyone expect 0 negative comments about what's happening on the field.

But I've been here for 3-4 years now and this is the worst I've seen as far as calling out individual players.
It's not called for.
No it's not. It's definitely not.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
75Jacket
Varsity Lurker

I am as old as ketchup, but I have seen quite a few Tech teams play over the last 39 years. There are many facets to a football team's play, as anyone will validate who has ever played the game. What we fans see on Saturday is the culmination of all of them.

No single player can be at fault for this season, but the 3 factors lacking on this year's team (in my opinion) are "leadership", "passion" and "team play". There will always be weaknesses at various positions, but leadership & team play will help close that gap. Once closed the collective passion of the team will help it execute effectively.
75Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
BarrelORum
Dodd-like

Quote:

But I've been here for 3-4 years now and this is the worst I've seen as far as calling out individual players. It's not called for.
Its a message board. Get a ****ing grip on reality. If so and so sucks ass, its going to be discussed here. I'm sure the kids work hard and I'm sure they're good guys, but some of them can't play at this level. If you prefer the way the Hive operates, go there. This board doesn't represent GT. Its like guys huddling around a tailgate and talking about the team. You wouldn't hear anything here that you wouldn't hear at a tailgate, but some people have somehow gotten the idea that these message boards represent GT. Probably because thats the way the Hive views themselves. they think they are an extension of GT and have to represent the Institute. If that was the case they wouldn't have an off topic that discusses some of the most inappropriate topics I've seen for a board that supposedly is an extension of GT.

And if you think this is the worst its been you obviously weren't around in Gailey's last two seasons. It was far far worse then and its really not even close. Then it was doom and gloom and now, its just a realization that we weren't as good as we thought, but we'll be back.
BarrelORum is offline   Reply With Quote