Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  
Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
JoltinJacket
Dodd-like

Default Hive is in meltdown mode

Their commie mods can't delete the threads fast enough. The threads that have slipped through the cracks have been quite entertaining. I guess they can't even blow sunshine up everyone's --- this time.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
JJacket
Dodd-like

Default Re: Hive is in meltdown mode

I've been suspended twice from the Hive this season over Hewitt - one more and I'm gone from there permanent - according to the mods that obviously love Hewitt more than they do GT.

A TRUE GT fan can plainly see that Hewitt had just about destroyed our program.

We WILL now be a lesser team to UGAg going forward unless a firing or resignation (HAHAHAHA) comes soon. Get used to it.

He may be the worst coach in the history of any GT program. He has gotten absolutely top shelf talent and coached them into mediocracy.

Hewitt may be the worst D1 coach in NCAA basketball.

JJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
gth816f
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacket View Post
Hewitt may be the worst D1 coach in NCAA basketball.

Hewitt probably isn't even the worst coach in the ACC.
You know how some offenses have names, like Four Corners, Motion, Flex and so on? Here are the possible names for the offense G-Tech is running today: "Inertia" "The Diarrhea Motion" "One Dribbler, Four Watchers" "Clogged Toilet" --Bill Simmons

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!! CS Undergrad '08
gth816f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
JJacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gth816f View Post

Hewitt probably isn't even the worst coach in the ACC.
Paul, don't you have a twitter account to feed?

He is absolutely the worst. Name one ACC coach that has done less with this amount of talent?

Old 03-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
gth816f
Dodd-like

Quote:
Paul, don't you have a twitter account to feed?

He is absolutely the worst. Name one ACC coach that has done less with this amount of talent?
You know, the talent wasn't handed to him on a silver platter. Part of being a college coach is recruiting. Look, I'm not saying he's a great coach, or even an average coach...he's not. But the worst coach in all of D1? Give me a break.

As for the ACC, in 2006 NC State finished fourth in the ACC and went to the Sweet 16 under Herb Sendek. In the offseason, Sendek left and Sidney Lowe took the job. He finished 10th in the ACC in 2007, 12th in 2008, 10th in 2009, and currently sits in 11th this season.
You know how some offenses have names, like Four Corners, Motion, Flex and so on? Here are the possible names for the offense G-Tech is running today: "Inertia" "The Diarrhea Motion" "One Dribbler, Four Watchers" "Clogged Toilet" --Bill Simmons

Old 03-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
JJacket
Dodd-like

I think Hewitt is 3-57 - or something like that - against teams that finish higher than .500 in the ACC.

Yes, he is the worst coach in the ACC.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
gth816f
Dodd-like

Quote:
I think Hewitt is 3-57 - or something like that - against teams that finish higher than .500 in the ACC.

Yes, he is the worst coach in the ACC.
Ah. Good counter point. I like how you proved that he is the worst coach in the ACC without even mentioning any of the other coaches in the ACC. He couldn't lose(win?)!

Also, as we all know, only games played on the road count.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
JJacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Ah. Good counter point. I like how you proved that he is the worst coach in the ACC without even mentioning any of the coaches he was "competing" against. He couldn't lose(win?)!

Also, as we all know, only games played on the road count.

Good lord Paul, you have a guaranteed contract. You don't even have to post on Stingtalk. You could just poast F.U. JJacket, I am guaranteed.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
gth816f
Dodd-like

Quote:
Good lord Paul, you have a guaranteed contract. You don't even have to post on Stingtalk. You could just poast F.U. JJacket, I am guaranteed.
I'll take your avoidance of the issue as acknowledgment that you were using extreme hyperbole.

Also, I decided to check out that 3-57 stat...in 2001-2002(Hewitt came to GT in 2000, but that's as far back as ESPN goes), Hewitt won three games against teams that finished > .500 in the ACC. Then in 2002-2003, his first win came against a team that finished > .500 in the ACC. I stopped checking after that, as it's evident that stat is a complete lie.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
cyptomcat
PostBot

Quote:
I'll take your avoidance of the issue as acknowledgment that you were using extreme hyperbole.

Also, I decided to check out that 3-57 stat...in 2001-2002(Hewitt came to GT in 2000, but that's as far back as ESPN goes), Hewitt won three games against teams that finished > .500 in the ACC. Then in 2002-2003, his first win came against a team that finished > .500 in the ACC. I stopped checking after that, as it's evident that stat is a complete lie.
well I started checking from this year to back, and couldn't find a win against .500 in ACC team on road after I looked 5 seasons back or so, and gave up. So I think the stat is probably for last X years. Actually we played 8 road games this year, if that's normal, 60 games makes it for last 7-8 years.
cyptomcat is online now   Reply With Quote