Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Football

Old 11-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
1gtfan
Jolly Good Fellow

Default Spurrier hung 52 pts. on the ugagers

at Sanford Stadium in 1995 while still head ball coach at UF, that still stands as the most points scored by an opponent at Sanford.

Do we score more on those gaggers Saturday and break that record or do we have to wait till 2010 to enjoy that milestone?

I really think that with P.J. we will eventually break that record and you know that P.J. is aware of it. We could have hung 60 on Miami last Thursday if Dwyer played the second half, so it is possible. I do believe in 2010 our offense will be loaded and we will have a better chance at scoring more than 52 on em. There is a disscussion over on the hive about it, what say you? Could we do it this Saturday, if we execute like we did against Miami and not fumble?
1gtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
BarrelORum
Dodd-like

Default Re: Spurrier hung 52 pts. on the ugagers

My head is going to explode reading this. Can you jinx us any more? Can you? Shut the **** up already.
BarrelORum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
1gtfan
Jolly Good Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelORum View Post
My head is going to explode reading this. Can you jinx us any more? Can you? Shut the **** up already.
Wow, cry me a river!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
gth816f
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelORum View Post
Agreed. It's gone from "we really have a chance at beating Georgia!" to being a forgone conclusion that we're going to beat Georgia to wondering if we're going to set the all time points record in Georgia's stadium. Tomorrow we will probably be wondering if we'll get high enough to be in the BCS title game by the end of the season. Let's not forget that they're still probably a better team than us.
gth816f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
1gtfan
Jolly Good Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gth816f View Post
Agreed. It's gone from "we really have a chance at beating Georgia!" to being a forgone conclusion that we're going to beat Georgia to wondering if we're going to set the all time points record in Georgia's stadium. Tomorrow we will probably be wondering if we'll get high enough to be in the BCS title game by the end of the season. Let's not forget that they're still probably a better team than us.
No, but I think an offensive explosion against a pretty darn good Miami defense last Thursday shows what this offense can do if it executes and holds onto the ball, even the guys this hour on espnu said after they watched that game last Thursday that if the ugagers aren't disciplined they could get blowned out. So it is possible, and I agree that we are not at a point yet that we can count on it. But, it sure was a thing of beauty last game. We can lose just as easily by stinking it up on this offense by fumbles and not executing like we did at Unc, but, I think everyone that saw that offense click last Thursday night sees what it is cabable of on a good day.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
BarrelORum
Dodd-like

#1gtfan, you're like every other GT fan, as described in this thread yesterday by me.
http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28876

We play one good game and you automatically think that all of our past problems somehow magically disappeared and we are now in the land of gum drops and candy canes. You think we play one good game and we are now world beaters. My bet is you thought the same after the Miss State game. We were world beaters and could not lose, then we looked ridiculous for a 4 game stretch.

You are seriously jinxing us. Seriously. Shut up. I'm not kidding either, if you were standing next to me, I'd pop you in the back of the head for being a complete dumb ass.
BarrelORum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
#1stinga6
Dodd-like

just calm down... no need to get your panties in a wad BOR
#1stinga6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:59 PM   #8
GoldZ
Dodd-like

Have to agree with BOR.

1gtfan , you must know something about JD & Vance that the rest of us don't.
GoldZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
mm42
Dodd-like

I bet we can hang 52 passing yards on them. Is that what this is about?

Go Jackets!
mm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
TampaJacket
Jolly Good Fellow

Anyone who thinks a post on a internet forum can "jinx" a team could rightfully be called a dumb ass themselves....Mike

p.s. how'd our OL do last week. ;)
"The spectator should remember the football players are just human beings. They perform at times under great pressure, and they, as all other earthly inhabitants, are likely to make mistakes. It behooves all of us to remember, 'To err is human, to forgive, divine.'" Bobby Dodd
TampaJacket is offline   Reply With Quote