Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Football

Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
romegajacket
Dodd-like

Default What Are Our Chances?

I've read a lot of articles stating that GT fans will need to be patient, the team can't hold the ball, CPJ is not as far along as he had expected to be, etc.
For some of you that have attended practice; can this team improve enough to be UGA this year?
What are our chances of learning CPJ's system, as well as perfecting it enough, so as to be UGA?
romegajacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
BuzzMD
Dodd-like

Default Re: What Are Our Chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romegajacket View Post
I've read a lot of articles stating that GT fans will need to be patient, the team can't hold the ball, CPJ is not as far along as he had expected to be, etc.
For some of you that have attended practice; can this team improve enough to be UGA this year?
What are our chances of learning CPJ's system, as well as perfecting it enough, so as to be UGA?
Rome,

I hope you meant beat Ugag, and not be Ugag...I never want to be Ugag or for our football team to be Ugag. (Not trying to be typo Nazi, and would not have commented on this, except you did do it twice.)
BuzzMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
WsPJaCkEt
Flats Noob

We will make it close this season once again and fully expect us to turn the tides next year.
WsPJaCkEt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
The Jacket
Dodd-like

It'd be hard to say what our chances are of beating them right now, moreso than any other year. Simply because this team is going be lightyears ahead of where they are now when Thanksgiving comes around.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
beej67
Dodd-like

Our big problem is youth, and youth is definitely going to cost us many big games this year. Don't set your hopes too high. 8 wins is possible, 6 is reasonable. Next year we'll be badass though.
beej67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
wesleyd21
Dodd-like

OF COURSE!!! We can definitely beat the douche bags down the road.

Just as important, CPJ says we can "expect to improve" as the season wears on. Something that is VERY VERY welcome, imo.

We've been oh-so-close under Gailey's lazy (in-fighting) regime. This staff has it together. We can win this game.
wesleyd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
midatlantech
Dodd-like

I think this year we have as good a chance as any of the next three. The next two years are going to be weak ones on the offensive and defensive lines. I wouldn't be putting too much into hoping for great things until about three years from now when hopefully our lines and backfield will be fully stocked.
midatlantech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
romegajacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzMD View Post
Rome,

I hope you meant beat Ugag, and not be Ugag...I never want to be Ugag or for our football team to be Ugag. (Not trying to be typo Nazi, and would not have commented on this, except you did do it twice.)
OOOPSS.....WOOOOOOOOPSSSSSSSS......OOOOOOOPPS
PLEEEZ accept my most humble apology. I even read it over before sending and still made the blunder of all times.
I did intend to write "beat", not the word ''be".
Just to save a little face, I did go the the eye doctor Monday and get examined for new glasses. It'll be a week or so before they get here.
romegajacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
TechSBP
Dodd-like

I'm approaching this season without expectaitons. I think implementing the new offense is going to take a bit of time and bring some ups and downs.

We also are starting a lot of youth this year. We don't know how they will respond to certain situations.

I think we can have very high expectatiosn next year and in the years to follow. This year, I'll take whatever comes our way as long as we show improvement.

After that, we, as an entire fanbase, need to raise our expectations.
TechSBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
GT18YJjr.
Dodd-like

i predict we win all of our home games, unless we have alot of injuries. We also have a good chance of winning 1-2 on the road. I think we get 7-8 wins and go to a mid-tier ACC bowl
GT18YJjr. is offline   Reply With Quote