Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  
Old 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #21
GTWannaBee
Dodd-like

Default Re: We lose another one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinPeck View Post
I dont think you can blame Bennet, he got his degree and just wants to play ball for another year. He'd never see a snap in the new offense and I think we can part ways without any hard feelings there.

Same with Peek, he's a TE, theres no TEs in the offense. Not quick enough to be an A or a B back, and not big enough to be a lineman.
I have to agree with this post. Bennett and Peek would have bruised arses by the end of the year (for those not witty enough to catch on - it would be from riding the pine)
GTWannaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #22
demjackets
Helluva Engineer

No surprise here, Trey wasn't happy with the new staff, he never bought in and displayed a poor attitude. Its better off to part ways. By the way this has been brewing for a while now.

Still could lose one more OL it seems like as there is another on the fence. McRae and Uzzi will have to come in ready to play.

Hopefully we are coming to an end with our defections, I know there is talk about a WR leaving but that would really shock me, from numerous talks with all 3 of our scholarship wideouts I don't see any of them displaying the need or desire to transfer at this time. We will see.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #23
BarrelORum
Dodd-like

I think Trey's dad posts on Buzzoff so I'm sure they have the inside scoop. That's too bad. Trey was a good guy. I wonder if he just wasn't getting the reps he wanted.

I don't know if I buy the losing weight as a standard rule part though. We are recruiting big guys like McRae, Smith, and Uzzi. They seem to have the mobility PJ likes. Maybe Trey was asked that he lose some weight in order to improve his mobility. This may be a case by case basis. None of our lineman with the exception of Gardner have ever been very mobile and in this offense, that will kill you. The interior lineman are often pulling, and if they are not capable of pulling, then PJ is going to find someone who can.
BarrelORum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #24
Jacket59
Helluva Engineer

I remember his dad posting on Buzzoff that he reallly wanted Hatcher for HC.

Well, there you go.
Jacket59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #25
AlaGold
Dodd-like

BOR nailed it probably.

btw- 74sDad did post on Buzzoff but hadn't seen him in weeks and I wondered what happened with him.It would have seemed his boy would be fired up to be 1st unit finally but I guess not..
AlaGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
demjackets
Helluva Engineer

It wasn't a weight issue. He simply just didn't want to be here any longer.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #27
Jacket59
Helluva Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demjackets View Post
No surprise here, Trey wasn't happy with the new staff, he never bought in and displayed a poor attitude. Its better off to part ways. By the way this has been brewing for a while now.

Still could lose one more OL it seems like as there is another on the fence. McRae and Uzzi will have to come in ready to play.

Hopefully we are coming to an end with our defections, I know there is talk about a WR leaving but that would really shock me, from numerous talks with all 3 of our scholarship wideouts I don't see any of them displaying the need or desire to transfer at this time. We will see.
Good thing we've got those freshmen coming in. Always like to redshirt freshmen linemen especially, but we'll have to make due the next year or two. I really like McRae's potential at center though. I hope he comes in and performs right away.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #28
Jacket59
Helluva Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76tornados View Post
What does this mean for folks like JC Lanier or any of our stout DL/OL recruits? Do they bank on the fact that we want them on the DL? Even with our depth at that position?
We're not deep at DT at all. We lose our top 3 this year - Richard, Walker, Anyaibe. Not counting this year's recruits, we'll only have 3 on scholarship next year - Logan Walls, Ben Anderson, and the new frosh TJ Barnes. So, Lanier and Drew signed to play DT and have a chance to play early. I wouldn't mind signing one more DT this year.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #29
GTKyle
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by demjackets View Post
It wasn't a weight issue. He simply just didn't want to be here any longer.
What was he unhappy about?

Go Jackets!
GTKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #30
demjackets
Helluva Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTKyle View Post
What was he unhappy about?
He was never happy about the change, and displayed a poor attitude on and off the field about it. Things aren't going to be handed to you on a golden platter under PJ and hes not going to baby you. You gotta work for it, if not then find somewhere else to play.