Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
gthog61
Dodd-like

Default Re: Defensive Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc79 View Post
The whole Atlanta Falcons coaching staff used the same word when they first started 4 years ago, I had no problem with them saying it and I have no problem Al Groh saying either.....
okay as long as he pronounces it "prah-cess" and doesn't try to sound all upper crust and British by saying "pro-cess"
gthog61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
etc79
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthog61 View Post
okay as long as he pronounces it "prah-cess" and doesn't try to sound all upper crust and British by saying "pro-cess"
Agree, and if he doesnt say "La-bor-a-tory" and not "labratory" either
etc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #13
BuzzCzar
Dodd-like

and he should use nukular pass rush instead of nuclear
Old 05-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
TOWALIGA
Flats Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaJackts View Post
I've read several quotes from Al Groh over the past couple of years about "process" when he talks about the defense. Does anyone else worry about our lead defensive coach talking about process? Seems almost passive which matches are defense too often. How many goal line stands have we had in the last two years? It seems once the other team gets within the three, we let them in. How often have we attacked teams? Process seems better for grown pro athletes not 18 to 22 years olds.

Am I all wet?
In answer to your first question, IMHO, no, or at least not many.
TOWALIGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
beej67
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtzulu View Post
I remember a great goal line stand against VT year before last where it ended in a Tyrod Taylor interception.
This was one of the finest defensive play calls in the history of defensive play calling too, by the way. Does anyone else remember it?

We rushed 2, dropped 2 Tyrod Taylor spies back into a short zone looking at only stopping the scramble and shadowing him, and put 7 guys into zone coverage in the end zone. VT ran 6 guys in protection and four in the "pattern," which was basically one big fake to try and open up scrambling lanes for Tyrod. He ran left and right for about 15 seconds, looking for a scrambling lane, couldn't find one, all the routes broke down, and he threw it into double coverage as he was running out of time. Fantastic defensive play call.

Sure would have been nice to have something like that dialed up at the end of Utah.

Even if you had put your semicolon in the right place, your query suggests that the qb_depth_chart object is highly denormalized, or this would return multiple records.
beej67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #16
ThisIsAtlanta
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej67 View Post
This was one of the finest defensive play calls in the history of defensive play calling too, by the way. Does anyone else remember it?

We rushed 2, dropped 2 Tyrod Taylor spies back into a short zone looking at only stopping the scramble and shadowing him, and put 7 guys into zone coverage in the end zone. VT ran 6 guys in protection and four in the "pattern," which was basically one big fake to try and open up scrambling lanes for Tyrod. He ran left and right for about 15 seconds, looking for a scrambling lane, couldn't find one, all the routes broke down, and he threw it into double coverage as he was running out of time. Fantastic defensive play call.

Sure would have been nice to have something like that dialed up at the end of Utah.
I remember it fondly, because I was thinking how awesome a play like that would be against TT earlier that game. TT made a living scrambling when we went after him. When Groh actually called that play (and it worked) I about lost my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsapper View Post
Something something violate... something something your mom.... something something her NCAA
ThisIsAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #17
CPJ= Master Yoda
Helluva Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAtlanta View Post
I remember it fondly, because I was thinking how awesome a play like that would be against TT earlier that game. TT made a living scrambling when we went after him. When Groh actually called that play (and it worked) I about lost my mind.
We need video. I'll try to dig it up.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #18
Architorture23
Dodd-like

As far as Groh being passive... he is not. He is one of the most intense coaches around. He's not making an excuse for when the defense plays poorly by saying process.
Architorture23 is online now   Reply With Quote