Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Basketball

Old 04-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #11
KG01
Dodd-like

Default Re: iman shumpert just blew his knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
LeQueen actually cried more on his flop.
Wait, which one?
KG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #12
nedleeds
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG01 View Post
Wait, which one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vOdfq5oFRlY

This one where he breaks 5 vertebrae in his neck (which never actually was hit by Chandler) ... then all of a sudden is fine and scores 9 points.

It's a disgrace that this walking vagina isn't suspended.
lack of adherents, were cast upon the scrap heap of mythology millennia ago; for there is no more evidence to justify a belief in the literal existence of Yahweh and Satan than there was to keep Zeus perched upon his mountain throne or Poseidon churning the seas.
nedleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
KG01
Dodd-like

Quote:

This one where he breaks 5 vertebrae in his neck (which never actually was hit by Chandler) ... then all of a sudden is fine and scores 9 points.

Oh, I'm with you now. You mean the one where he was literally paralyzed before making the miraculous recovery?

Honestly, it's time for some anti-flopping rules.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
nedleeds
Dodd-like

Knicks weren't winning that game regardless but pre replay rule change Chandler would have been ejected on that flop by James. Only after the game would the league see LeFlop's vaginal outburst and rescinded the flagrant on Chandler. He'd have been ejected from the game ... on a clear fabrication by one of the 3 marquee players in the league. Stern should be embarrassed. Van Gundy probably got a call from some dill hole at ESPN about ranting about flopping ... he's on a crusade at this point.

Edit: Actually espn.com TrueHoop is all over flopping so maybe espn has no dog in the fight. With #FlopOfTheNight etc.
lack of adherents, were cast upon the scrap heap of mythology millennia ago; for there is no more evidence to justify a belief in the literal existence of Yahweh and Satan than there was to keep Zeus perched upon his mountain throne or Poseidon churning the seas.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
andrew
Dodd-like

Quote:

Man, I'm no LeBron fan at all, but you're reaching here. That was a forearm shiver/moving pick to him from behind which caused his neck to whiplash. There's no way that's not a flagrant foul when it occurs in the backcourt.

I think there is way too much flopping in the NBA but I can't say this seems like one of them. Tough to flop on a legitimate flagrant foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG01 View Post
Oh, I'm with you now. You mean the one where he was literally paralyzed before making the miraculous recovery?

Honestly, it's time for some anti-flopping rules.
Literally paralyzed??? He rolled over and got up immediately and walked around the whole time. What is your definition of "literally paralyzed"?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
etc79
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Man, I'm no LeBron fan at all, but you're reaching here. That was a forearm shiver/moving pick to him from behind which caused his neck to whiplash. There's no way that's not a flagrant foul when it occurs in the backcourt.

I think there is way too much flopping in the NBA but I can't say this seems like one of them. Tough to flop on a legitimate flagrant foul.

Literally paralyzed??? He rolled over and got up immediately and walked around the whole time. What is your definition of "literally paralyzed"?
I think it was a obvious flagrant foul and I thing Lebron put the sell on a little too thick there...
etc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #17
KG01
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
See what etc79 said. The sell job was a little much.

No, I don't think he was literally paralyzed.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #18
andrew
Dodd-like

I agree, the sell job was a little much. But I would not consider it a flop, certainly not an egregious flop. We see far worse flops than that every night. The guy did get blindsided with a blow to his neck area.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #19
nedleeds
Dodd-like

I've broken my foot twice. Been stabbed in the knee by a rusty chunk of rail car metal. Had a flap of skin the size of a chicken nugget cut from over my eye and hanging down.

None of those situations produced the look of unbearable agony that scrotum put on. Watch it. Really ... he stumbles around like his back has been broken. He never gets hit in the neck ... there's this obvious delay where he realizes he can get Chandler in trouble. Then the drag queen starts his show. Nevermind the fact that chandler (according to nba.com ...) weighs 10 lbs less than LeFlop.

He's a ----ing bitch. Imagine Larry Bird or Magic acting like a giant ----ing uterus ... in HD with 5 camera angles ... or Jordan acting so ----ing gay.

http://deadspin.com/5906039/lebron-j...yoffs-flop-era