Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Football

Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #21
alpha
Dodd-like

Default Re: First Half Practice Report

From RapidReports (link):

Quote:
Freshman LB Jabari Hunt-Days had the biggest hit in Saturday's scrimmage, leveling A-back B. J. Bostic. LB Jeremiah Attaochu made the only INT, and DB Jamal Golden had a pass breakup, a tackle for loss and a TD-saving tackle.
Quote:
Sophomore QB Synjyn Days ran for three of Tech's five TDs in Saturday's scrimmage. "We couldn't tackle him," coach Paul Johnson said. "He made a lot of people miss. Synjyn is good with the ball in his hands; he just needs to improve on his throwing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJackets89 View Post
Not only did he renounce his fan hood, his family came together in a meeting and decided they were all shitty fans.
alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #22
MadTownJacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
- The offensive line is banged-up. Senior OG Omoregie Uzzi is out all spring and junior OG Will Jackson has missed half the spring with an injury. Shaq Mason and J.C. Lanier suffered injuries Saturday, although neither appeared serious.
MadTownJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
Architorture23
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Jacket View Post
Only thing I would add to this is a lot of the pressure came off the 2nd/3rd string OL. The first string wasn't in, for example, when Andrews was in there. I definitely agree we looked good pressuring the QB, but a lot of it was off very poor protection.
This. I think there is a huge dropoff from 1st team OL to the backups plus Uzzi is out. Not sure if Jackson played today.

The hit from Jabari on Bostic was nice, but in fairness, Bostic was in mid air jumping over a defender who'd been cut.
Architorture23 is offline   Reply With Quote