Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #61
TechSBP
Dodd-like
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 64.82 N
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyptomcat View Post
couple issues for the AD:
1. He lied to the AD about the accident.
2. Petrino might have hired a mistress for a departmental position.
Yeah, I just reread. That's a problem.
TechSBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #62
The Jacket
Dodd-like
 
The Jacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Metro-Atlanta =)
Posts: 15,177
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

I try not to enjoy the misfortune of people unless they're directly tied to UGAg. But Petrino is one of the rare clear-cut, no-two-ways-about-it, assholes in college football. Sure there are plenty of coaches who are disliked but most of them can be defended in some way or another.

Bobby Petrino is as gutless, arrogant, slimy and whiny as they come. I still get a laugh when I remember him angrily trying to get away from Les Miles after their game this past November, and Miles laughing in disbelief and shouting "Wow!" For all I care, Petrino can lose his marriage, his mistress, his motorcycle, his job and whatever shred of a reputation he had left. He's just not a guy I can look at and say "I hope things work out for him.
__________________
Charter member of the StingTalk Winsomniacs Support Group
Two Virginia Tech players were illegally cut-blocked during the creation of this post.
The Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #63
KillerGroove
Lookie-Loo
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jacket View Post
I try not to enjoy the misfortune of people unless they're directly tied to UGAg. But Petrino is one of the rare clear-cut, no-two-ways-about-it, assholes in college football. Sure there are plenty of coaches who are disliked but most of them can be defended in some way or another.

Bobby Petrino is as gutless, arrogant, slimy and whiny as they come. I still get a laugh when I remember him angrily trying to get away from Les Miles after their game this past November, and Miles laughing in disbelief and shouting "Wow!" For all I care, Petrino can lose his marriage, his mistress, his motorcycle, his job and whatever shred of a reputation he had left. He's just not a guy I can look at and say "I hope things work out for him.
That's spot on.

I withdraw my earlier comment, I hope this clown gets to wallow in some misery for awhile. He is just a flat out POS.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #64
supersenior
Jolly Good Fellow
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atlanta/Chattanooga
Posts: 596
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

The very first sentence on the ESPN article:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Bobby Petrino's image of perfection has come to a sudden and surprising end at Arkansas.
supersenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #65
etc79
Dodd-like
 
etc79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Marietta
Posts: 8,981
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersenior View Post
The very first sentence on the ESPN article:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Bobby Petrino's image of perfection has come to a sudden and surprising end at Arkansas.
Yeah, When this douche bag left ATL overnight and Took the Ark job, everyone in ARkansas lauded this man as a saviour, completley blinded by what he had just done to the Falcons....Not only do I hope Petrino gets what he deserves, I hope the Arkansas football program goes to sh.it
etc79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #66
andrew
Dodd-like
 
andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 12,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSBP View Post
The only issue is the fact that she's a university employee. Had it just been some random, I can't see much happening.

In any event, they'd be insane to fire him. But in that event, they can't fire her very easily either.
Not just a university employee but hired specifically to work under Petrino in the football program. I could see him getting fired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
__________________
CS '08. Go Jackets!
andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #67
Stinger90
Dodd-like
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
Posts: 2,112
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSBP View Post
Yeah, I just reread. That's a problem.
Consensual sexual relationships between faculty and their students or between supervisors and their employees in some instances may result in charges of sexual harassment.
Consensual relationships may lead other faculty and students or supervisors and coworkers to question the validity of grades, evaluations, and other interactions between the people involved in such a relationship. The integrity of the work of both people in the relationship may be compromised.
University faculty, administrators, and other supervisory staff should be aware that any sexual involvement with their students or employees could subject them to formal action if a sexual harassment complaint is subsequently made and substantiated, and that they bear the greater burden of responsibility should it be proven that the power differential between them made the relationship other than fully consensual. Even when both parties have consented to a relationship, it is the faculty member, administrator, or supervisor who may be held accountable for unprofessional behavior. Other students or employees may allege that the relationship creates a hostile or abusive environment affecting them. Graduate assistants, residence hall staff, tutors, and undergraduate course assistants who are professionally responsible for students will be held to the same standards of accountability as faculty in their relationships with students whom they instruct or evaluate.
When a consensual relationship exists between a student and a faculty member who has control over the studentís academic work or status or between an employee and his or her supervisor, the resulting conflict of interest should be addressed in accordance with university policies concerning conflict of interest.



Did he admit to having a relationship with Miss Dorrell? He did say that he had a "previous inappropriate relationship" but that doesn't mean that they did. Still, it does make one believe something was going on between the two.






Stinger90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #68
gte490v
Helluva Engineer
 
gte490v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Duluth, Ga
Posts: 1,632
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Not just a university employee but hired specifically to work under Petrino in the football program. I could see him getting fired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Not just a university employee but hired specifically to work under Petrino in the football program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
hired specifically to work under Petrino
Read ya
__________________

gte490v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #69
wesleyd21
Dodd-like
 
wesleyd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 9,245
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

What is an "inappropriate relationship"?
__________________
Originally Posted by ThisIsAtlanta

Just wait until after we don't win good enough.
wesleyd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #70
gtfan088
Dodd-like
 
gtfan088's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 7,300
Default Re: Petrino injured in motorcycle accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger90 View Post
Did he admit to having a relationship with Miss Dorrell? He did say that he had a "previous inappropriate relationship" but that doesn't mean that they did. Still, it does make one believe something was going on between the two.
The only thing uncovered from the accident report was that he had a female passenger. Why in the world would he be talking publicly of a "previous inappropriate relationship" if it wasn't with this particular woman?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaab View Post
A monocle is the perfect way to let poor people know that you are so obscenely rich that you can afford to look ridiculous.
gtfan088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© Stingtalk 2001-2015