PDA

View Full Version : Basketball schedule out

kirbee
08-14-2002, 06:53 PM
Basketball schedule click here (http://ramblinwreck.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/081402aaa.html)

GEORGIA TECH 2002-03 MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE

November
10 - SOUTHEASTERN ALL-STARS/ exhibition, 5 p.m.
19 - NIKE-MARATHON/ exhibition, 6:30 p.m.
23 - ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF, 2 p.m.
27 - GEORGIA [FSNS], 7 p.m.

December
1 - GARDNER-WEBB, 1 p.m.
4 - at Minnesota [ESPN]/ ACC-Big Ten Challenge, 7 p.m.
7 - Marist/ Madison Square Garden, New York [MSG/FSNS], 12 noon
15 - Tennessee/ Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Classic, Philips Arena [RSN], 4 p.m.
17 - TROY STATE, 7 p.m.
21 - at Syracuse [ESPN], 12 noon
29 - at Maryland [FSN], 5:30 p.m.

January
2 - at Tulane [FSNS*], 9 p.m.
8 - CORNELL, 7 p.m.
11 - NC STATE [RJ], 4 p.m.
14 - FLORIDA STATE [RSN], 9 p.m.
19 - at Wake Forest [FSN], 6:30 p.m.
22 - ELON, 7 p.m.
25 - at Duke [ESPN], 12 noon
29 - NORTH CAROLINA [ESPN], 7 p.m.

February
1 - VIRGINIA [RJ], 4 p.m.
5 - at Clemson, 7 p.m.
9 - MARYLAND [CBS], 1 p.m.
12 - at NC State [RJ], 9 p.m.
15 - at Florida State [RSN], 12 noon
20 - WAKE FOREST [ESPN2], 7 p.m.
26 - DUKE [ESPN], 7 p.m.

March
1 - at North Carolina [ABC], 1 p.m.
5 - at Virginia [ESPN], 7 p.m.
8 - CLEMSON [ABC], 3:30 p.m.
13-16 - ACC Tournament, Greensboro, N.C.

All times Eastern and subject to change

Home games in all capital letters, at Alexander Memorial Coliseum at McDonald's Center

EiT
08-14-2002, 07:56 PM
I really can't believe the timing of the UGA game. I've gone to that game every year (home or away) lately and I think one of the keys is Student Fan support. We are practicaly giving that away this year having the game the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving.

What were we thinking?

ConyersJacket
08-15-2002, 02:38 AM
Thanks for posting that kirbee. I've been checking the site daily and it's finally out. It appears to be a fairly easy schedule compared to the past few years (both out and in conference), but I'm OK with that given the fact that we'll have two freshmen starters, one at PG. I think we'll win a lot of games this year, but RPI will be hurt by SOS. But we should be in the tourney this year regardless.

Am I reading this correctly that we are play Marist at MSG? Marist is in Georgia right? I'm missing something here...

Where is Gardner-Webb?

Man we've got a lot of national exposure this year. ESPN - 7 games (not counting ACC tourney). CBS, ABC (is ABC national for BB?). Cool.

Juvie
08-15-2002, 03:15 AM
Marist is in New York. Gardner Webb I have no clue!

EiT
08-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Yep. Marist is a fairly small college in up-state NY. I believe it's in the Poughkepsie area kind of close to the Culinary Institute of America (CIA).

Gardner-Webb is one of those Carolina schools I believe (North).

EiT
08-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Juvie,

I noticed you are from Columbus. Did you graduate from Columbus High in the 90s? I went to HS in Columbus as well. Kendrick HS if you believe it.

bobby dodds ghost
08-16-2002, 01:29 AM
The UGA game should definately be played on a Sat. night when the student body is in town.
What about the Tulane game on Jan. 2nd? Should be a good time in the Big Easy with the Sugar Bowl parties going on, unless of course, Tech Football hits it big with the BCS.
BOO

Juvie
08-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by EiT:
Juvie,

I noticed you are from Columbus. Did you graduate from Columbus High in the 90s? I went to HS in Columbus as well. Kendrick HS if you believe it.<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Carver! Back when we had a real good bball team!