PDA

View Full Version : interested in comments on this (LINK)

law_bee
03-10-2002, 02:29 PM
LINK (http://citadel.ezboard.com/fwakeforestfrm1.showMessage?topicID=1231.topic)

jimbobGT
03-10-2002, 05:44 PM
wake fans are better than that...most of them are saying it wasn't on purpose. Its just that one dawg fan which is causing all this trouble.

Juvie
03-10-2002, 05:57 PM
Man, please! If everyone would have to apologize for hustling then everyone will be sorry. It wasn't done intentionally. It wasn't like coach went out and said "He's averaging 2.whatever points a game! He's the glue that holds that team together! Go hurt his knee or something!" It was an accident. Last time I check basketball is a contact sport. Sometimes you get hurt! If it was like that you'll figure they would try to get Howard or Darius. People just like to make things bigger than they are. If they had beaten Duke yesterday noone would have made a comment on it.

ahsoisee
03-10-2002, 06:17 PM
It is a typical response from a an immature fan. It happens with every school. I have seen numerous posts from the Tech fans calling a player from another school a thug, or some other uncomplimentary name.

It is the mark of an immature person to continually bash an opponent.

images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif

pjjacket
03-10-2002, 06:41 PM
Wake fans have no complaint. I watched Songalia play about 3/4 of the game @ AMC w/out a foul being called and IMO (gold glasses of course) there were many fouls but #$%* happens.

Another point up for discussion. Was this a very boring!!! ACC Tournament? To me the best game was the play in game on Thursday.

I would like to congratulate Coach Hewitt and the team on a great season and I look forward to next season with great expectations.

graemlins/sniper.gif graemlins/uzi.gif graemlins/uzi.gif

Juvie
03-10-2002, 07:10 PM
Ahsoisee, I'm glad you brought up the "thug" issue! Why are almost all ACC fans so quick to call somebody a "thug"? Is it in some secret ACC handbook that I don't know about that says you have to label someone a thug every week images/icons/wink.gif ?

Juvie
03-10-2002, 07:14 PM
I only watch two games. I didn't even watch the championship game today! I didn't see the play-in game because I was at work. I tried to watch the UNC/Duke game but yes it was boring. The GT/Wake game was good!

law_bee
03-10-2002, 07:38 PM
I feel like PH has a policy that if the ball is on the floor you dive to get it. It is regrettable that someone got hurt but if he would have dove too it would not have happened.

I expect this to be the beginning of many snide comments. PH is a helluva coach and he seems to always have his players giving 100%.

http://216.40.201.240/s/otn/other/11baby.gif

I cannot be happier with PH's style of coaching.

ahsoisee
03-10-2002, 08:31 PM
Law-bee, I like the smiley face sucking on a pacifier.

Juvie, I think a lot of these blurbs, blasting a player on the other team, comes from some of the real young fans. I see the remark "Xxxxxxxxxx Sucks" often, and the first thing I think of is my young grandson. He uses that phrase all the time.

These guys don't realize, their phrases often sets them apart as kids instead of mature individuals.

images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif