PDA

View Full Version : Still shaking my head at the hire...

jacketpower
03-29-2011, 01:27 PM
a mediocre coach from Dayton... :dunno:

Well, time for positivity...to do otherwise, isn't good for the program.

substitute "Georgia Tech" for "I" in this video and we'll get there, folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY

Legal Jacket
03-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm not stunned by the hire but the more I read about him the more I like him.

He's a öööö grinder. He won't be outworked. I appreciate that.

Highriser987
03-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Would u rather have Hewie back?

PowderSpringsJacket88
03-29-2011, 01:46 PM
I understand...But the more I hear about him..the more I like him.

I am actually excited about bball season!

Deke
03-29-2011, 01:48 PM
As BOR stated on jacketpower's other thread on the exact same topic:

...a quick review of jacketpower's posting history would indicate one of two things:
a.) he is one of the most self hating GT fans of all time.
or
b.) He's a dawgie.

Everyone do yourself a favor and look at this guy's post history (specifically before the new basketball hire).

cyptomcat
03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Everyone do yourself a favor and look at this guy's post history (specifically before the new basketball hire). or do yourself a favor and not look at his post history :laugher:

Deke
03-29-2011, 01:56 PM
or do yourself a favor and not look at his post history :laugher:

Touche

beej67
03-29-2011, 02:25 PM
So you started a second thread identical to your first thread why?

Oh, right.

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/00trollface.jpg

JacketDO
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
As BOR stated on jacketpower's other thread on the exact same topic:

Everyone do yourself a favor and look at this guy's post history (specifically before the new basketball hire).

I know I'm contributing to the problem here but can we make it a point to disregard the U[sic]GA troll? He's going on my ignore list.

The sad thing is people on this board have fallen for his bait.
In case you guys are too lazy to go through his posts:

how stupid is this?! crazy mutts. what really ticks me off is they feel the need to make changes to better their program and we still can't beat them during that period!

agree. I hate the SEC. Ugag beat UK this year, too, but still I say screw 'em. I just hate what has become of our basketball program while the cesspool's program is starting to do well. ug.

Well, if you can't beat 'em, hate 'em.

seems every other thread here is about ugag...and it seems like some know more about their players and schedule than our own team. geez, the obsession. I guess domination has that effect. ug. ...

Thank goodness he had Gailey's players.

We just had a losing season. We just wrapped up an average class. Some ACC teams racked up (FSU/Clemson). Yet, several years back, CPJ lost to a bad Ugag team the year he won the ACC and got whipped in the Orange Bowl and we hang onto that like he won a national championship.

GiveEmHellJackets
03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
If I was a UGA fan I'd be here too. UGA wants to pretend it's a football power; meanwhile UGA football hasn't won or even played for a national championship in over 30 years. THIRTY YEARS. Their current football coach is essentially a white Paul Hewitt. And their basketball program has zero final four appearances in its history. So I don't blame the guy. He's probably on the brink of suicide. And if he dies, who will pick up your garbage twice a week?

stinger78
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
If I was a UGA fan I'd be here too. UGA wants to pretend it's a football power; meanwhile UGA football hasn't won or even played for a national championship in over 30 years. THIRTY YEARS. Their current football coach is essentially a white Paul Hewitt. And their basketball program has zero final four appearances in its history. So I don't blame the guy. He's probably on the brink of suicide. And if he dies, who will pick up your garbage twice a week?

Yeah... all they've really done in football in the last 30 years is beat us 22 times.

BuzzLaw
03-29-2011, 04:58 PM

I think they went to the Final 4 sometime around Wilkins' time there. At least, my law partner tells me that.

clapper
03-29-2011, 05:13 PM
I think they went to the Final 4 sometime around Wilkins' time there. At least, my law partner tells me that.
The year after he left, 1983. Lost to Jimmy V.