PDA

View Full Version : Coach Comparisons

Highriser987
03-29-2011, 11:42 AM
After reading that comment about Shump tweeting during the announcement of Gregory being chosen as new HC, makes me think of something.

Here was the problem with Hewitt and his relationship with his players. For one, we know Hewitt sucks at coaching. Two, he never seemed very excited or pushy to get his players fired up or even disciplining them. He basically from what it seemed like was the players "buddy" so to speak. So when they would slack, he probably just let it slide and said "just play your best" and that made them slack even more.

Now with Gregory, from what it seems, he is a take charge kinda guy. Big on academics, is very energetic getting his players fired up and disciplines them when neccessary.

So now Shumpert decides "hmm, this looks like it could be tougher than it seems playing under this dude, so Ima try my shot at the NBA (which I would do either way in his position)." Whereas is Hewitt had stayed another year, bet he wouldn't have even mentioned putting his name into the NBA basket.

KG01
03-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Nah, this is just the process for a player who's not a sure fire 1st rounder.

NBA drafts on buzz and potential. Shumpert built some during the season but not enough. Now if he performs well at the camps, scrimmages, etc. he could solidify himself as a 1st rounder.

It'd be a disaster for him to wait until after his senior year. Maybe not a disaster but it'd certainly be a bigger gamble.

He never struck me as a player afraid of work.

xenoabe
03-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Shump had decided this before the hire.

Hewitt was close to the players but you couldn't be more wrong in your assessment of how he approached them.

griswold6571
03-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Shumpert would be wasting a free evaluation if he didn't enter his name.

This way he gets feedback on what he needs to work on if he comes back.

nedleeds
03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Why wouldn't he put his name in? He gets one free take back.