PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst case for each team

Pantone874
03-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Our "worst case" includes something that would be pretty awesome:

Best Case: Perimeter length frustrates Oklahoma State sharpshooter Anderson. Interior size overwhelms the Cowboys. Paul Hewitt does solid bench work. And the Yellow Jackets continue their good vibe from the ACC tournament, riding it all the way through Ohio State and Georgetown to a regional final date with Kansas. The 2004 flashback can't quite continue that far, but the ride was fun. Hewitt and the fans decide they love each other after all. Favors and Lawal decide they love Hewitt enough to play one more year of college. And Mark Fox leaves Georgia for Oregon.

Worst Case: Guards dribble balls off their feet and knees, and Tech commits six turnovers on inbound passes as Oklahoma State blitzes it into the offseason. Favors gets six shots, Lawal five. Favors puts his name in the draft faster than you can say "Thaddeus Young." Hewitt's golden contract makes him unfireable, but he's also unhappy enough to jump to St. John's. Tech fans aren't sure how to act, and wind up stewing over the fact that Hewitt left before they could kick him out. Meanwhile, Mark Fox says he's not leaving Georgia.

Umm... I know how I'd act. Sad for 2 minutes that we lost in the first round and elated for an entire offseason (and more) that Hewitt would be gone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2010/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5001177

gth816f
03-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Man...Forde seems to know his stuff when it comes to GT.

Pantone874
03-17-2010, 05:32 PM
He must read Stingtalk

TechGator1066
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I hope that f*ckface Braine is happy that GT's contract with Hewitt is the laughing stock of NCAA Basketball.

beej67
03-17-2010, 07:48 PM
I hope that f*ckface Braine is happy that GT's contract with Hewitt is the laughing stock of NCAA Basketball.
Where is he nowadays, anyway?

Anyone have a forwarding address or something?

TechGator1066
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Anyone have a forwarding address or something?
Don't know; last I heard, he left GT on account of "health issues." :rolleyes:

gtfan088
03-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Man...Forde seems to know his stuff when it comes to GT.

I would hope so. He covered the ACC tournament in which we were the only team to play in all 4 days.

gtfan088
03-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Don't know; last I heard, he left GT on account of "health issues." :rolleyes:

He has Crohn's disease.

TechGator1066
03-17-2010, 09:44 PM
He has Crohn's disease.
The man could be terminally ill and I still would not have any pity.