PDA

View Full Version : if we lose at Wake we prob don't make NCAA IMO.....

law_bee
02-12-2010, 08:30 AM
I initially thought 8-8 would give us a lock but now I am thinking 9-7 is the lock. A team that was ranked for most o f the year NOT making the NCAA....:mad:

jeff0106
02-12-2010, 08:33 AM
If we lose to Wake, would we even want to be in the Tourney?

gth816f
02-12-2010, 08:49 AM

Of course. You always want to be in the tourney, you never know what could happen. Unless you think not making the tourney would be the end of Hewitt.

cantSpellConvictWithoutVT
02-12-2010, 10:06 AM
IF we lose to Wake is like saying IF a UGA player gets arrested this year...

We play a very good Wake Forest team led by Ish Smith and Al-Faroq Aminu. On the road. On a Saturday night. In a very difficult gym. With GT having played three consecutive *horrible* games. They have revenge on the mind. We have Paul Hewitt on the sidelines.

We couldn't beat Miami, UVA, or UGA on the road, I don't see a win in the Lawrence Joel Coliseum. Don't get me wrong, I hope we pull it off, but the stars are not exactly aligned for us.

ncjacket
02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
What? You don't want to be in the tournament? I can't even begin to think of the logic that would suggest it's ever better for any team to not make the tournament.

Highriser987
02-12-2010, 10:53 AM
For some reason I see us losing against Wake. 70-64. Thats my pick. I've been pretty spot on most the season with my predictions. Hewitt, come on buddy, give us a break, do it for your country, for the Yellow Jacket nation, step down and go coach in the pros.

yellowjacket
02-12-2010, 11:41 AM
For some reason I see us losing against Wake. 70-64. Thats my pick. I've been pretty spot on most the season with my predictions. Hewitt, come on buddy, give us a break, do it for your country, for the Yellow Jacket nation, step down and go coach in the pros.
I don't think Hewitt could get a pro job or even a decent college job as a HC after what he has done at Tech.

GT1992
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
If we lose to Wake, a win at Maryland or Clemson or an ACC Tournament run would get us off the bubble. UNC's center is out for the rest of the season, which should help us next week hold serve at home.

gth816f
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't think Hewitt could get a pro job or even a decent college job as a HC after what he has done at Tech.

I bet Hewitt could get an assistant's job in the NBA if he wanted to, and he'd probably be very good at it. But that's not as high paying or prestigious as what he has now.

stinger78
02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
The way we're playing, I just can't see us finishing any better than 3-3. I can surely see worse seeing that we have to play AT Wake (7-3 ACC), Maryland (6-2 ACC) and Clemson (5-5 ACC), and host VPI (6-3). BC and UNC should be wins at home, but I'd bet we drop one of those. I can barely see 3-3 out of that.

buzzybee
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Well I can promise you we will lose at Wake Forest.

stinger78
02-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Well I can promise you we will lose at Wake Forest.

We're gonna lose at Wake AND Maryland. We then have to close out with 3 wins out of Clemson, UNC, BC and VPI ... just to finish 8-8.

xrayjacket
02-12-2010, 01:37 PM
I predict we start the game in zombie mode, falling behind by double digits in the first half, because Hewitt is incapable of preparing the team to play on the road. At halftime we make multiple adjustments which should have been made in the first 5 minutes of the game. This allows us to forge a heroic comeback to within 2 points. Then we lose.

8-8 would be a friggin dream at this point. A single road win (along with holding serve at home) makes us a LOCK at 9-7. However, this is Hewitt's world. Where the game is not just about what happens on the court. Its about torturing fans saddistically until they beg for mercy. Welcome to Tech basketball.:rotfl:

77GTFan
02-13-2010, 08:22 AM
I think 8-8 gets us in this year. Thank Favors. He is a known player CBS would like to see in the tourney. So, in effect, we need to split the next three paire of games. We either beat Wake tonight or UNC Tuesday. If we go to 5-7, I don't see 3 wins against VT and BC at home and Clemson and Md. on the road.

BarrelORum
02-13-2010, 08:28 AM
TOUGH DAY FOR THE HEWITT SUPPORTERS!!!!
:hugelaugh:

:rolleyes:

ncjacket
02-13-2010, 12:07 PM
We're gonna lose at Wake AND Maryland. We then have to close out with 3 wins out of Clemson, UNC, BC and VPI ... just to finish 8-8.
We could beat Wake, they are inconsistent too. I don't see us beating MD.

Highriser987
02-15-2010, 10:26 AM

WOW, I really was almost spot on with my game prediction! :biggthumpup: