PDA

View Full Version : If Hewitt doesn't get to the Dance this year...

GiveEmHellJackets
11-09-2009, 12:34 PM
... will he ever land an elite recruit again?

jdubjacket
11-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I think so. The guy can recruit. He just can't coach for sh*t.

gth816f
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Sure, because he's going to produce yet another first round draft pick this year, and maybe more than one. College basketball is much more a stepping stone to the NBA than college football is to the NFL.

beej67
11-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Hewitt should chop block more.

GiveEmHellJackets
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Hewitt should chop block more.

Great idea, especially in that exhibition game. We'd have lost and perhaps suffered some suspensions, but we'd be feared and respected. Kind of like the neighbor said in Office Space: Kick someone's ass or become someone's bitch. What good is squeaking out a clean win versus a high school team anyway? We really missed a good opportunity.

WreckTheRest
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Hewitt should wear Paul Johnson pajamas and underwear.

GT1992
11-09-2009, 01:58 PM
... will he ever land an elite recruit again?

Not at Georgia Tech.

yellowjacket
11-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Its gonna be the same old dribble it on your foot, throw it out of bounds playground basketball that is a Hewitt trademark. I hope this is somehow the final year of this idiot.

YellowJacketDave
11-09-2009, 02:11 PM
If Hewitt doesn't get to the Big Dance this year,He most definately should be FIRED!

GTFanJeff
11-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Doesn't college baseball have a rule that if you go to college you actually commit for three years, but you can skip college all together if you choose to?

Why doesn't college basketball have this rule. Thaddeus Young clearly did not want to be playing for us when he came, so he should have been allowed to enter the draft out of high school. Javaris Crittenton on the other hand wasn't good enough to enter the draft out of high school. Think of what we could have done with him for three years.

I ***HATE*** all the one-and-done's. It makes the whole year miserable dreading losing every player worth a öööö. "Well, we are having an awesome year, not next year because we lose everyone to the NBA."

It also makes recruiting impossible losing all your good players every year.

techronnie
11-09-2009, 02:27 PM
We cannot afford to get rid of him, thanks to Braine.

YellowJacketDave
11-09-2009, 02:29 PM
We cannot afford to get rid of him, thanks to Braine.

Like I said in My post,GT will probably sometime soon(If they don't go dancing) have to bite the bullet to get rid of Him

MacDaddy2
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Perhaps with some of the money from a BCS game!

EastJacket
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM
We are about to land Jason Morris this week it sounds like. He's pretty öööö elite.

It was a scrimmage, we didn't play well and used a lot of different lineups, the BC transfer had the game of his life. We already beat WKU in a scrimmage and they have a very good squad.

gth816f
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM

We don't really get any extra money from going to a BCS game.

a5ehren
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
All that money goes to the conference to split among the members. We get the same cut as everyone else, and yes it works the exact same way when we aren't in the BCS. This and splitting TV money are the reasons you join a conference to begin with...

GTFanJeff
11-09-2009, 03:01 PM
How much longer is his contract and what is his buyout?

gth816f
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
How much longer is his contract and what is his buyout?

He has a perpetual six year contract that renews at the end of each year. There is no buyout, we'd have to pay it in full, unless he voluntarily accepts less.

GiveEmHellJackets
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM
He has a perpetual six year contract that renews at the end of each year. There is no buyout, we'd have to pay it in full, unless he voluntarily accepts less.

Can we appeal this to the NCAA? It's like getting the death penalty.

NatiJacket
11-09-2009, 03:19 PM
It won't get any cheaper to wait it out. I've defended Hewitt in the past, but I've always thought that if he doesn't make it with this years recruits, hes done.

WreckTheRest
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
:puke::readthis:

GTFanJeff
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM

How could ANYONE agree to those contact terms?

What you are telling me is that unless we do the buyout then he can stay here until he dies?

NatiJacket
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM

What you are telling me is that unless we do the buyout then he can stay here until he dies?

Yes

gth816f
11-09-2009, 04:04 PM

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/08/23-End/David_Duchovny01Trust_The_Man.jpg

http://www.morphonix.com/software/education/science/brain/game/specimens/images/wet_brain.gif

JoltinJacket
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
And we wonder why the monetary state of GT athletics has been circling the drain for the last decade...

BEEFENSE
11-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Besides Hewitt?-ha-worst admin. contract I have ever heard of--that said--I sure hope this team JELLS!

WreckTheRest
11-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Hewitt basically won the f'ing lottery. Braine doesn't deserve to be associated with our Institute.

GTFanJeff
11-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I am actually wondering if Braine was TRYING to ruin GT athletics.

He may have setup a secret personal contract with Gailey and Hewitt before he resigned to funnel some of their money to him for the ludicrous contacts he gave them. :p