PDA

View Full Version : Polls for the Jackets

GTgrad86
09-06-2009, 03:06 PM
We should swap places with UGAy. My guess #13

GT65_UGA89
09-06-2009, 03:09 PM
BYU perhaps leaps over GT --at least in the AP. GT leaps UGA --but not OU and probably not VT. In the AP GT stays about where we were last week, #15

Probably #13 or #14 in USA Today as GT will leap UGA and Oregon, with BYU doubtful to jump 10 spots and overtake us, but Boise may jump over us.

GTKyle
09-06-2009, 03:15 PM
BYU perhaps leaps over GT --at least in the AP. GT leaps UGA --but not OU and probably not VT. In the AP GT stays about where we were last week, #15

Probably #13 or #14 in USA Today as GT will leap UGA and Oregon, with BYU doubtful to jump 10 spots and overtake us, but Boise may jump over us.

Unfortunately I agree. What is absolutely ridiculous is teams that get "poll momentum" from preseason rankings.

MtownJacket
09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
UGA falls to 20 sumthin, VT falls to 15, GT slides to 14, Oklahoma falls to 13, BYU to 12, Ohio State falls to 11, Boise jumps to 10, LSU slides to 9, Penn St 8, Cal 7, Ole Miss 6, OK ST 5, USC 4, Bama 3, Texas 2, Florida 1.

But that's just a rough estimation.

Xihix
09-06-2009, 03:40 PM
It makes me really excited that UGAg may be out of the top 25 this year. How long has it been since they haven't been in it?

cyptomcat
09-06-2009, 03:55 PM
I'll start thinking about polls after we beat Clemson, I need to see us beat a decent FBS team first (yes Clemson is one, because they beat a FCS team handily!).

stinger78
09-06-2009, 04:01 PM
UGAG will not drop far. OSU is one of the darling teams this year, and UGAG played them a good game. They might drop 3-4 spots to about 16-17.

We might move up a spot or two to about 14-13, which is about right.

gt_white_gold
09-06-2009, 05:10 PM
We are in good shape, I do not see anyone except for maybe Florida to go undefeated, so if we win ours we are golden. As long as the players take it one game at a time we will be fine.

killerbuzz42
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
We are in good shape, I do not see anyone except for maybe Florida to go undefeated, so if we win ours we are golden. As long as the players take it one game at a time we will be fine.

I think there are a few that could go undefeated along with UF:

-Boise St(daunting schedule:sleep:)
-Tejas (depending on Bradford's recovery)
-Cal(if they can take advantage of the frosh QB at USCw)
-Penn St(only REAL hurdle is tOSU and its @ home)
-Notre Dame(haha yeah right)

Geori
09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
UGA did not play a good game. Their defense was great in the first half, but they put up 10 points on the last year's 98th ranked defense.

gt_white_gold
09-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Texas is not that great, and will screw up at least once.
Has Cal ever went undefeated? I do not think that they will beat USC.
PSU has not went undefeated since they joined the big Televen. No change here.
I agree with the last on, Yeah right on ND. Michigan will probably beat them on Saturday.
USC will also have their brain cramp and lose one.
Boise St, BYU and others do not matter, since we would get in before them.

To sum it up, just win and everything else will take care of itself. Hopefully our players never become complacent.

killerbuzz42
09-06-2009, 07:44 PM
just because a team has never gone undefeated doesnt mean they wont go undefeated.. if that were the case no team would ever go undefeated, ever

gt_white_gold
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I just think that Cal and PSU will find ways to screw themselves. PSU lost last year to a mediocre Iowa team and the last time PSU was close to going undefeated they lost their last two including one to a MSU team that was one of the worst teams in the big Televen. If I was picking someone to go undefeated in the Pac 10 it would be USC even with their freshman QB, not Cal.

YouEnjoyJackets
09-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Texas is not that great, and will screw up at least once.
Has Cal ever went undefeated? I do not think that they will beat USC.
PSU has not went undefeated since they joined the big Televen. No change here.
I agree with the last on, Yeah right on ND. Michigan will probably beat them on Saturday.
USC will also have their brain cramp and lose one.
Boise St, BYU and others do not matter, since we would get in before them.

To sum it up, just win and everything else will take care of itself. Hopefully our players never become complacent.

BYU could go undefeated. FSU at home then Utah (home) at the end of the year. Robert Smith (during Ole Miss halftime today I think) said he thinks they get in the NC game if they do it. With wins over Oklahoma, FSU, Utah you can make the argument they would deserve it, especially if there are not two other undefeated teams.

gt_white_gold
09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
BYU could go undefeated. FSU at home then Utah at the end of the year. Robert Smith said he thinks they get in the NC game if they do it. With wins over Oklahoma, FSU, Utah you can make the argument they would deserve it, especially if there are not two other undefeated teams.

True, and it is all speculative at this point, but I do believe that we would hold an edge over BYU. I think that Miami is going to beat OU as well, so that will play into our cause.

gtfan088
09-06-2009, 09:20 PM
It makes me really excited that UGAg may be out of the top 25 this year. How long has it been since they haven't been in it?

In 2006 (Stafford's freshman year) they were out for a good while. That was the year they almost lost to a hapless Colorado team at home, a mediocre Mississippi State, and DID lose to Vandy. They were 6-4 prior to beating Auburn, us, and VPI.