PDA

View Full Version : Matt Harpring

nedleeds
04-25-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm a little behind on my DVR backlog watching NBA playoff games. Matt Harpring is the man, after having the officials violate him with 4 fouls in 3 minutes he game back in the 4th for 10 points in 4 minutes against the whining flopping Lakers. I seriously hope he gets an opportunity to russian sickle Derrick Fisher.

turbanicusgt
04-25-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm from Utah and I love my Jazz and I can honestly say that my favorite Jazz (and maybe even NBA) player is Matt Harpring (yes over D-Will and Boozer). (1) He went to Tech and I tend to love Tech players in the pros and (2) I dare you to find a player who plays harder than any other player. The kid is scrappy and knows how to be where he needs to be. #15 in True Blue is extremely underrated but never complains about it. He just goes out and does his thing. Beat LA!

Buzzfan
04-25-2009, 02:36 PM
He wasn't the first (maybe still only?) player to ever get the entire ACCT crowd to give him a standing O leaving the court in his final game for nuthin'. He's tougher than a $2 steak.

nedleeds
04-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Dude if AK47, Boozer, and Okur played as hard and with as much nut sack as Harpring the Jazz would be cruising to a title.

gtfan088
04-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Dude if AK47, Boozer, and Okur played as hard and with as much nut sack as Harpring the Jazz would be cruising to a title.

Isn't Okur injured right now?

ncjacket
04-25-2009, 06:44 PM
He wasn't the first (maybe still only?) player to ever get the entire ACCT crowd to give him a standing O leaving the court in his final game for nuthin'. He's tougher than a $2 steak.
He did get a standing O at the ACCT, but I can't believe he was anywhere near the first given all the players who have performened there. As much as people may hate certain teams, some of the best college players in the country have been in the tournament and basketball fans recognize talent.

Buzzfan
04-25-2009, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't have thought so, either, but when it happened there was an article afterward quoting someone associated with the tourney who hadn't missed a game in like 40 years who made the observation about the ovation.

BEEFENSE
04-25-2009, 10:34 PM
He's my all-time favorite TECH BB player--we haven't had an all-around solid player like him SINCE!:bowdown:

ncjacket
04-26-2009, 12:44 AM
I wouldn't have thought so, either, but when it happened there was an article afterward quoting someone associated with the tourney who hadn't missed a game in like 40 years who made the observation about the ovation.
I'm not doubting someone said it, but I'd swear I've seen it before then myself. Sounds like someone getting carried away with a story.

Yellow_Jacket
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Good to see you back nedleeds!

nedleeds
04-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Isn't Okur injured right now?

Strained Hamstring. Matt Harpring once played in a game with no hamstrings.