PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting update? Who's Next?

ramblin_man
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Just wondering who will be the next recruit to step forward. Sounds like the coaches are out making home visits. The stops include a few of the current committs but who will come forward next.....Saying I am ready to be part of the family!
I want to be a part of what CPJ is building...."I can see the magic....3 yds and a cloud of dust! B/c the defense can't predict which way the ball is going...and then they see it as the ball carrier crosses the GOAL LINE!"

Anyone have any insight on who will be next?:fingersx:
Aycock
Dalcourt
Darren Myles set official visit date for Jan.
(link:http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2008/12/03/georgia_techs_p.html)
J. Davis
R. Jefferson
M. Teague
E. Cummings
I. Cross

boozinbuzz
12-03-2008, 05:40 PM
AJC article (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2008/12/03/georgia_techs_p.html)

hiveredtech
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Just wondering who will be the next recruit to step forward. Sounds like the coaches are out making home visits. The stops include a few of the current committs but who will come forward next.....Saying I am ready to be part of the family!

I want to be a part of what CPJ is building...."I can see the magic....3 yds and a cloud of dust! B/c the defense can't predict which way the ball is going...and then they see it as the ball carrier crosses the GOAL LINE!"

Anyone have any insight on who will be next?:fingersx:
Aycock
Dalcourt
Darren Myles set official visit date for Jan.
(link:http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2008/12/03/georgia_techs_p.html)
J. Davis
R. Jefferson
M. Teague
E. Cummings
I. Cross

We are not recruiting Jonathan Davis any longer...or Demond Dennis.

Cross is ours...it is kind of like the Uzzi thing last year.

I would say that Kight or Burnett could commit next if transcripts ever clear the Hill...the Hill is SLOW.

I would not count on Teague even though we are still in it.

Things look good for Aycock....his older brother is what is holding it up.

Rolando Jefferson is a name I have not heard in awhile. We never offered him. The old staff new him as a junior and did...but the new staff never picked him up.

Top Targets left (in no order) for up to 9 spots are:

Darren Myles (FS)
Dontae Aycock (QB/RB)
Izaan Cross (DE)
Euclid Cummings (DE)
Mike Gilliard (LB)
Julian Burnett (LB)
Joel Kight (LB/AB)
Courtney Dalcourt (QB/ATH)
Ricky Johnson (WR/AB)

We could offer another OL...either Gus Handler, Nolan McMillan, etc.

ContactBuzz
12-03-2008, 06:31 PM
hivered - on Dennis, is it a staff decision or Dennis? Does that have any effect on Myles? Don't they attend the same HS?

Wreck02
12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
...or Demond Dennis.

Are you saying this because he is already committed or did we pull his offer?

GTland03
12-03-2008, 06:40 PM
pulled offer.

JWE37
12-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Are you saying this because he is already committed or did we pull his offer?

per rivals it was grades

Geori
12-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Ouch... well, bring on Courtney Dalcourt to replace him then!!!

LongforDodd
12-03-2008, 09:21 PM
We are not recruiting Jonathan Davis any longer...or Demond Dennis.

Cross is ours...it is kind of like the Uzzi thing last year.

I would say that Kight or Burnett could commit next if transcripts ever clear the Hill...the Hill is SLOW.

I would not count on Teague even though we are still in it.

Things look good for Aycock....his older brother is what is holding it up.

Rolando Jefferson is a name I have not heard in awhile. We never offered him. The old staff new him as a junior and did...but the new staff never picked him up.

Top Targets left (in no order) for up to 9 spots are:

Darren Myles (FS)
Dontae Aycock (QB/RB)
Izaan Cross (DE)
Euclid Cummings (DE)
Mike Gilliard (LB)
Julian Burnett (LB)
Joel Kight (LB/AB)
Courtney Dalcourt (QB/ATH)
Ricky Johnson (WR/AB)

We could offer another OL...either Gus Handler, Nolan McMillan, etc.

What's happened to J. Davis? We offered him right? Did he turn us down?

LongforDodd
12-03-2008, 09:23 PM
per rivals it was grades

Grades?? WTH

It was stated here a few months ago that his grades were fine.

EastJacket
12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Grades?? WTH

It was stated here a few months ago that his grades were fine.

Grades change man. Guess he let his slip.

gt23eric
12-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Hope this doesnt hurt us with Darren Myles.

yellowphysics
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Not bashing the current recruits we have, but why are we not getting any somewhat highly ranked RBs? Or even RBs with sub 4.5 speed?

Geori
12-03-2008, 10:38 PM
The mega recruits are coming next year. McCoy is coming here and he'll be a 5 star.

We do have two studs to run the option in David Sims and Orwin Smith.

gt23eric
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Hold on. Are you sure Mccoy is a lock to us? If so this would be the biggest pickup in a longtime!

hiveredtech
12-03-2008, 10:57 PM
hivered - on Dennis, is it a staff decision or Dennis? Does that have any effect on Myles? Don't they attend the same HS?

Demond is a great kid...no issue there other than something that popped up for The Hill.

hiveredtech
12-03-2008, 10:58 PM
What's happened to J. Davis? We offered him right? Did he turn us down?

Davis issues were not grades or playing ability. I will leave it at that.

gt23eric
12-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Hivered are we getting Mccoy?

hiveredtech
12-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Not bashing the current recruits we have, but why are we not getting any somewhat highly ranked RBs? Or even RBs with sub 4.5 speed?

First...there are really very few big RB's with sub 4.5 speed. That is why Dwyer was so heavily recruited...and why he is ACC POY as a sophomore.

We have another year to find the next Dwyer...in the meantime Dwyer and Allen have a job to get done. I think you will be very pleased with Watson as well.

Like Paul Johnson said, in twenty plus years at the college level he has never had as complete a running back as Jonathan Dwyer.

Keep in mind...with this offense even Lucas Cox was able to break a long run for a TD...and he will be the first to tell you he is nowhere near 4.5!

Tashard is an NFL back and was a great college back....and he is not sub 4.5.

Football speed, hips, vision, etc. mean more than track speed.

Our coaches believe Charles Perkins is the top back in Georgia next year and will go after him hard. The challenge will be his high school is a big UGA fan. We have already offered him and we are the first to do so.

For the next two seasons we look awfully strong at BB and AB.

hiveredtech
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Hivered are we getting Mccoy?

We are the team to beat....but will not know for sure until February of 2010! Depressing huh? :laugher:

However, he will probably announcement a commitment after spring football practice.

PJAlltheway
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Have you guys seen Dontae Aycock's highlight video on his HS site? The guy runs PJ's O from under center, and he is unbelievable. There are two 95+ yard TD runs on there along with many, many more. This is the kind of guy PJ loves to run his O.

hiveredtech
12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Have you guys seen Dontae Aycock's highlight video on his HS site? The guy runs PJ's O from under center, and he is unbelievable. There are two 95+ yard TD runs on there along with many, many more. This is the kind of guy PJ loves to run his O.

That is an excellent point.

Whichever of David Sims or Dontae Aycock (we should get him) do not end up at QB...the other will likely be a BB. They are both excellent runners...and Dontae has a natural RB build.

gt23eric
12-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Mccoy is a stud and we need DTs. Also i believe Aycock is actually a 4 star running back on rivals. He is the number one guy on my wish list.

hiveredtech
12-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Mccoy is a stud and we need DTs. Also i believe Aycock is actually a 4 star running back on rivals. He is the number one guy on my wish list.

I believe between Aycock, Myles, and Cross..you have hit the top three most wanted left on the board. We still have quite a battle on our hands for Myles.

Geori
12-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks Hivered. I couldn't agree more with you guys. I would be bounching off the walls if we got those three.

By the way, how are we looking for the OL?
- Daniel Hood - is he still considering us
- Can we get Andre Harris from Auburn (is Paul recruiting a 330 lb OL?)?
- Are there any legs to the Rivals piece on Mark Brezinski (C) from Noo Jehhh-sey.

PJAlltheway
12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
PJ's prototypical OL prospect will be a kid in the 6'3"-6'5", 280-310 lb range that has quick feet and can run in the 4.8-5.1 40 range. This offense requires OL who can run, as they are required to block down field a lot.

You'll see him take an occasional TE prospect who's a 4.75-4.8 kid that will grow to that 280-290 range.

This offense is all about speed, and when PJ gets his speed guys on offense, this thing will be a blur to opposing defenses.

Here's what you can expect to see down the road:

QB - 4.5 or less. Not the prototype QB of passing teams. More of a RB who can handle the ball and pass

B-Back - 4.5, but really quick the first 10 yards. 215-225 lbs

A-Back - 4.45 or less. Usually 5'8"-5'11", 175-200 lbs

C - Cat quick off the ball

OG - 5.00-5.1 with big leg drive off the ball

OT - 4.8-5.0 with ability to block downfield

WR - Generally big guys who can block. Height and speed will be a real advantage as PJ puts in his passing game. Look for 15 or so passes a game when that happens.

GTland03
12-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks Hivered. I couldn't agree more with you guys. I would be bounching off the walls if we got those three.

By the way, how are we looking for the OL?
- Daniel Hood - is he still considering us
- Can we get Andre Harris from Auburn (is Paul recruiting a 330 lb OL?)?
- Are there any legs to the Rivals piece on Mark Brezinski (C) from Noo Jehhh-sey.

- No dice on Hood
- Harris wont fit it to our style
- Mark is a fallback at best

LongforDodd
12-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Grades change man. Guess he let his slip.

There may have not been anything "to slip".

LongforDodd
12-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Davis issues were not grades or playing ability. I will leave it at that.

Never doubted his playing ability. If he was 6-2 or taller, he'd be a milliionaire-in-waiting.

Did we pull back the offer that we made?

GTland03
12-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Never doubted his playing ability. If he was 6-2 or taller, he'd be a milliionaire-in-waiting.

Did we pull back the offer that we made?

yes, he no longer has a commitable offer.