PDA

View Full Version : On espnu Donnan just said that if Clemson

1gtfan
11-26-2008, 10:01 AM
beats S. carolina on Saturday that Dabo Swinney gets the job...I think Clemson is making a mistake to fall for that..Clemson can attract a top notch coach and at least Donnan's side kick just said that Clemson is a jewel of a job..They should not settle for a lesser coach and should land a top notch coach...i.m.h.o. They have been mediocre for too long and should do as Alabama and get the best possible coach.

Allen Koholic
11-26-2008, 10:12 AM
beats S. carolina on Saturday that Dabo Swinney gets the job...I think Clemson is making a mistake to fall for that..Clemson can attract a top notch coach and at least Donnan's side kick just said that Clemson is a jewel of a job..They should not settle for a lesser coach and should land a top notch coach...i.m.h.o. They have been mediocre for too long and should do as Alabama and get the best possible coach.Why? Why in the hell would you want them to have a semi-competent coach?

The Jacket
11-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Swinney is the right man for that job and I endorse him completely.

DABO WE CAN BELIEVE IN

WaCoJacket
11-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Swinney is a good selection for Clemson. I would shoot for Phil Fulmer or Tubberville if I was Clemson. The SEC will jettison some good coaches pretty soon just because they aren't Spurrier, Richt, Saban, or Urban Meyer. If I was Clemson, I would take one.

Look at Ole Miss. Arkansas gave them Nutt.

GTland03
11-26-2008, 10:56 AM
In endorse Swinney at Clempsun.

They will be mediocre for the next 4 years. Thats one less team we'll have to worry about on route to the NCG.

JWE37
11-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I hope he gets the job. He is a RAH-RAH emotional guy just like Chuck Amato. He was actually tearing up (crying) when they showed him walking into the stadium on College Gameday against us. We will not have to worry about Clemson if he is there.
I am worried Clemson will get Mike Leach. He is the next Spurrier.

Allen Koholic
11-26-2008, 11:25 AM
What I want at Clemson, and all the other ACC schools, is a good but not great coach that will help our overall strength of schedule, but still get out-coached consistently by Paul Johnson.

EastJacket
11-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Dabo will tank that program in the next 2-3 years if hired.

Geori
11-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I'd love to have them pick Dabo. Honestly, i think their recruiting would suffer as well.

floridajacket
11-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I wholeheartedly endorse Dabo as well. The only better selection out there is myself, but I unfortunately have prior obligations.

Bogey
11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I would love to see Dabo get that job and have PJ coach against him for the next 25 years! I think our record would be at least 20-5.
Also, I like to see his passion for the game and his players.

lonestarjacket
11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Swinney is a good selection for Clemson. I would shoot for Phil Fulmer or Tubberville if I was Clemson. The SEC will jettison some good coaches pretty soon just because they aren't Spurrier, Richt, Saban, or Urban Meyer. If I was Clemson, I would take one.

Look at Ole Miss. Arkansas gave them Nutt.

Even Spurrier isn't Spurrier anymore. :D

JoltinJacket
11-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Two words -> Bill Stewart (WVU). Emotional asst. coach who got the job on an impulse hire and will cripple the program by the end of his contract.

GTWannaBee
11-26-2008, 12:25 PM
The Clemson fans love the guy. If he can outcoach Spurrier this weekend, he deserves the job. If he can recruit as well as Tommy Bowden did (doubtful), he may keep Clemson at the same level they're at. Who knows, he may even raise them up some. If nothing else, the Clemson fans and players have gotten behind him.

rghoae
11-26-2008, 12:46 PM
If Clemson picks Dabo, that will be the biggest mistake they have ever made. Yeah, he has done pretty well over the last few games, but these games really shouldn't count.

I agree, with the SEC jettisonning several good head coaches this year, and Clemson being much like an SEC job, except the obnoxious fans, they could easily land one of them...

77GTFan
11-26-2008, 01:02 PM
I endorse Dabo for the IPTAY crowd, unless the Mutts want him.

Allen Koholic
11-26-2008, 01:20 PM
I wholeheartedly endorse Dabo as well. The only better selection out there is myself, but I unfortunately have prior obligations.This gave me an interesting thought. If ever offered the head coaching position at UGA, would you take it? I know I would, then laugh maniacally as I tank the program into oblivion, even if it cost me millions of dollars in the process.

**** em.

nedleeds
11-26-2008, 01:37 PM
What's a Dabo ? I thought that was an endangered bird ?

augustabuzz
11-26-2008, 01:55 PM
The Clemson fans love the guy. If he can outcoach Spurrier this weekend, he deserves the job. If he can recruit as well as Tommy Bowden did (doubtful), he may keep Clemson at the same level they're at. Who knows, he may even raise them up some. If nothing else, the Clemson fans and players have gotten behind him.

I wouldn't be too quick saying he can't recruit as well as TB. From watching the guy, I think he may be better.

Rodzilla
11-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Woooooooooo go Dabo!!

71YellowJacket
11-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Chan will be available following the end of the NFL regular season, and Clemsum won't need to wait for the playoff games to be completed....

jacket67
11-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Dabo is popular because he acts like a kid and is not pretentious. He doesn't have the maturity to develop players or deal with the politics, though. I hope the Clemson fans will view him as the sentimental favorite and give him the job so CPJ can outcoach them every year. He may be a talented guy, and who knows what he'll be capable of in 10 years. He's just not right for a big division 1 program.

JWE37
11-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Ed Orgeron (sp?) at Ole Miss was an emotional guy coming out of USC and supposedly the best recruiter in the nation. Look what happened.

gojkts
11-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I want Clempson to hire Jim Donnan.

goldeagle
11-26-2008, 09:27 PM
There is no way in hell Leach would leave TT for Clemson! If it happens I will buy you a bottle of very good Scotch!

Essobee
11-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Dabo is popular because he acts like a kid and is not pretentious. He doesn't have the maturity to develop players or deal with the politics, though. I hope the Clemson fans will view him as the sentimental favorite and give him the job so CPJ can outcoach them every year. He may be a talented guy, and who knows what he'll be capable of in 10 years. He's just not right for a big division 1 program.

They really liked Danny Ford, so they ought to love Dabo. Whoopee! :woot:

floridajacket
11-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Ed Orgeron (sp?) at Ole Miss was an emotional guy coming out of USC and supposedly the best recruiter in the nation. Look what happened.

Not to mention the most emotional and best recruiting coach out there: Ron Zook. He got championship-caliber recruits, as Urban proved, and became emotional enough to head-butt vending machines. But absolutely horrible at strategy and execution. How exactly did Florida lose to a team which lost to a D-IAA team a couple of games earlier?

1gtfan
11-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Why? Why in the hell would you want them to have a semi-competent coach?

We need for all the ACC teams to do well. Clemson, Fsu, Miami ,Vt and GT all have a great football history and these programs especially need to be strong with good coaches and in turn make the ACC look better. Clemson in recent years have been underachievers and the ACC needs Clemson to be a stronger program. Clemson has all the ingredients to be a great program, they have just lacked a good coach.

alan71
11-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Ray Goff is still available.