PDA

View Full Version : Maryland vs. Virginia Tech - Big game tonight!

The Jacket
11-06-2008, 07:57 AM
The Terps can relieve us of another blockade in our efforts to reach Tampa tonight. Maryland has beaten Clemson, Wake Forest and Cal but they've lost to MTSU and North Carolina State.

The Hokies have had two weeks to stew on two consecutive losses at the hands on Boston College and Florida State. Now their next two games are on a Thursday night and both of them are big for us.

If Virginia Tech could lose tonight and beat Miami next week, that's two teams out of our way.

gnats67
11-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Good observation. Critical game to the outcome of the conference. Should be a pretty decent game. I'm not sure who to pick.

00Burdell
11-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Home team gets the nod in this one. :-(

Yellow_Jacket
11-06-2008, 08:36 AM
The Terps can relieve us of another blockade in our efforts to reach Tampa tonight. Maryland has beaten Clemson, Wake Forest and Cal but they've lost to MTSU and North Carolina State.

The Hokies have had two weeks to stew on two consecutive losses at the hands on Boston College and Florida State. Now their next two games are on a Thursday night and both of them are big for us.

If Virginia Tech could lose tonight and beat Miami next week, that's two teams out of our way.

Maryland actually beat N.C. State 27-24

The Jacket
11-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Maryland actually beat N.C. State 27-24
Whoops, I meant Virginia. Which is considerably worse considering they were stomped and shut out.

thegoalie
11-06-2008, 08:40 AM
VA Tech still has to play:

Maryland
Miami
Duke
Virginia

Even if VA Tech beats Maryland tonight, I don't think they'll win out on Miami and UVA.

Virginia still must play:

Wake
Clemson
VA Tech

Again, I don't see UVA beating all three. And since UVA plays VA Tech, we're guaranteed at least one loss from one of those teams.

I strongly believe that Tech can beat UNC and Miami to play in Tampa on December 6th.

Yellow_Jacket
11-06-2008, 08:41 AM
The only reason I remember that is because my roommate is a HUGE State fan and he called me up b*tching about that loss. I offered him a spot on the GT bandwagon but he only threatened to burn my Dwyer jersey!

gojkts
11-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Good observation. Critical game to the outcome of the conference. Should be a pretty decent game. I'm not sure who to pick.

It's a Thursday night game, it's in Blacksburg, and MD is 0-2 in night games this season. VT should be 7 pt favs. I expect VT will run the ball a lot if Holt starts, but they probably have the OL to beat MD with a smash-mouth offense. VT 27 - MD 17

Allen Koholic
11-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Go fighting turtles! Here's to hoping that the Fridge eats Beamer.

GTplusCPJequalsSuccess
11-06-2008, 09:05 AM
3rd String QB playing tonight?! I'll take Maryland on this one. I don't see VT's already sorry offense being any better without the 1 and 2 QB's.

Take Maryland, they cover 7.

hiveredtech
11-06-2008, 09:16 AM
VA Tech still has to play:

Maryland
Miami
Duke
Virginia

Even if VA Tech beats Maryland tonight, I don't think they'll win out on Miami and UVA.

Virginia still must play:

Wake
Clemson
VA Tech

Again, I don't see UVA beating all three. And since UVA plays VA Tech, we're guaranteed at least one loss from one of those teams.

I strongly believe that Tech can beat UNC and Miami to play in Tampa on December 6th.

....but we need VT to get a loss out of the way against the other division so we can pull for them against UVA. I am not as hopeful about Clemson or Wake beating UVA.

midatlantech
11-06-2008, 09:57 AM
....but we need VT to get a loss out of the way against the other division so we can pull for them against UVA. I am not as hopeful about Clemson or Wake beating UVA.

We are pretty banged up. I hope you are correct that we can beat UNC at UNC, but I'm just not sure right this second.

If we avoid any turnovers, then we will win I think and will win the Coastal.

ContactBuzz
11-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Don't bother watching. VT wins handily.

beej67
11-06-2008, 12:38 PM

Without a QB?

mem
11-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Their offense - and especially their passing game - has been horrid all season, so does the #3 QB really make it any worse?

gth816f
11-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Their offense - and especially their passing game - has been horrid all season, so does the #3 QB really make it any worse?

A lot worse. Tyrod Taylor can make a lot of things happen by himself, as you know from watching our game. Their offense wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders then, either...but he made enough plays with his feet to get the win.

SuperToe
11-06-2008, 01:16 PM

How'd we do with our #3 QB?

Yaller Jacket
11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Maryland has been one of the most unpredictable teams in all of college football this year. I don't see how anyone can confidently have a clue what will happen in this game.

GTSaxophone
11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Maryland has been one of the most unpredictable teams in all of college football this year. I don't see how anyone can confidently have a clue what will happen in this game.

This is the correct answer.

ContactBuzz
11-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Without a QB?

They've been winning all year without one.

cyptomcat
11-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I say don't worry about any of this until we get a win at UNC. (I am not saying Miami is a guarantee but it's easier than UNC and just one game.)

beej67
11-06-2008, 01:44 PM
So how "handily" is handily, CB? Two TDs?

ContactBuzz
11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
So how "handily" is handily, CB? Two TDs?

Enough to keep us out of the ACC Championship game.

gth816f
11-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Enough to keep us out of the ACC Championship game.

I'd say that that is the exact opposite of handy. :(

hiveredtech
11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
We are pretty banged up. I hope you are correct that we can beat UNC at UNC, but I'm just not sure right this second.

If we avoid any turnovers, then we will win I think and will win the Coastal.

I am definitely worried about UNC...moreso than Miami. However, it does not matter if we beat both of them should VT or UVA win out.

The Jacket
11-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Bada bing! Wit a pipe!

BarrelORum
11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
The Fridge owes us for not getting O'Leary to leave one year earlier so we could have been spared the Gailey error. I mean era.

manellis
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Looks like Glennon is starting, 3rd stringer will play if he comes out. C'mon Terps!

manellis
11-06-2008, 08:08 PM
VT scores on their second drive. 7-0 with 3 minutes left in the first

GTWannaBee
11-06-2008, 09:42 PM
I say don't worry about any of this until we get a win at UNC. (I am not saying Miami is a guarantee but it's easier than UNC and just one game.)

But - won't it be a little late to worry about tonight's game after we beat UNC? I'm just saying :laugher:

ContactBuzz
11-06-2008, 11:22 PM

We just need to win Saturday so we can once again have some false hope about VT losing next Thursday at Miami.

The Jacket
11-07-2008, 08:42 AM
We just need to win Saturday so we can once again have some false hope about VT losing next Thursday at Miami.
Thank God ContactBuzz is here to keep all of our hopes alive.

Geori
11-07-2008, 08:57 AM
First, we need to win out because of recruiting. Second, I'm confident that Miami or UVA is going to beat VT. VT is not that good of a team. Then we can beat another atlantic team and get to the Orange Bowl.

beej67
11-07-2008, 09:01 AM
We need more upbeat posters like Contactbuzz.