PDA

View Full Version : I'm rushing the field if we beat FSU, screw you guys

beej67
10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading in the other thread.

If VT loses, we win, FSU wins this week, and FSU comes into Tech next week with one loss, and we get College Gameday at Tech, and we beat FSU on nationwide television, I'm rushing the field. Screw you guys. I'll do it alone.

The emotional weight of all of those many, wretched close losses to FSU on BS penalties and dumb freaking luck is enough to take down those goal posts by sheer brain waves alone. I don't need yall.

We had 1998, where Bobby Bowden called a press conference to say his game plan was to late hit Joe Hamilton until he was wounded and couldn't play. The we scored first. Then they late hit him every play. Then he left the game. Then we lost. FSU went on to win the ACC.

We had 1999, where we put up 510 total yards of offense on FSU in Doak Campbell, which is still a record that stands to this day, 400 of which Joe was personally responsible for, where Kelley Campbell had his jaw broken by a cheap shot, went to the locker room, had it shot full of novacane and wired shut, then came back out onto the field and caught a 1 handed TD catch, as a true freshman. Then we lost the game by three points on a phantom personal foul call that nobody has ever explained. FSU went on to win the National Championship.

There was 2000, where we were drastic underdogs, but were driving late to win the game. Went for it on 4th and 5, passed to a wide open TE over the middle, who was completely decked a full half second before the ball got there. Tech fans even cheered knowing we'd gotten the first down. No flag. The only highlight of that game that made Sportscenter was of the no-call, where they mentioned how FSU dodged a bullet on terrible officiating. FSU went on to win the ACC.

There was 2001, where we were ranked very highly preseason, and poised to demolish a struggling FSU team until some asshole wrecked an airplane into a building and the NCAA decided to cancel football for the weekend. The following weekend UNC beat that struggling FSU team, in the win we should have had, while we had a bye and watched. The weekend following that we hadn't played in a month, and Clemson came back to beat us on Woody Danzler BS, and our whole season started to fall apart. We closed it with a loss to FSU after they'd finally got their sh*t together, a loss to UGA, and losing our coach to ND.

There was 2002, where we took it to them as drastic underdogs and only lost because of a lucky interception in the end zone as time expired, that would have tied the game. FSU went on to win the ACC.

There was 2003, where we were leading 13-0 half way into the 4th quarter, not to mention being held out of the goal on a 4th down stand when we went for it and didn't make it by a half yard, which would have made it 20-0, then they came back and won 14-13. FSU went on to win the ACC.

And that's the last time we played them. Bobby Bowden campaigned to make sure GT and FSU were in different divisions because he knew his time was coming, so we didn't get to play them for 5 years while they stunk it up. And now "they're back" and don't stink, and they're finally back on our schedule.

AND YOU GUYS AREN'T GOING TO RUSH THE FIELD IF WE BEAT THEM?

IF GEORGIA IS THE DEVIL, THEN FSU IS SURELY MEPHISTOPHILES. WHERE DO YOU THINK RICHT CAME FROM? FSU IS THE SOURCE OF EVERYTHING EVIL IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, AND HAS BEEN OUR PERSONAL DEMON FOR A DECADE. DON'T MAKE BE BRING THE 1990s INTO THIS.

Are you guys serious?

kirbee
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Hell Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cyptomcat
10-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I'll rush if there are others doing it, feel free to come down to student section for easier access.

Also, gameday is coming here NO WAY. it's going to be at the world's largest a-hole party.

GEETEELEE
10-24-2008, 10:42 AM
we beat FSU on nationwide television, I'm rushing the field. Screw you guys. I'll do it alone.

Please, in your rush, don't jump off the upper deck...you'll probably land right on me.

Good summation of our FSU frustrations.

beej67
10-24-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll rush if there are others doing it, feel free to come down to student section for easier access.

Also, gameday is coming here NO WAY. it's going to be at the world's largest a-hole party.

It could happen. They did coctail party last year, haven't done an ACC game yet this year, and have done Georgia and Florida quite a bit already.

Our students of today need to be educated why FSU sucks, and why we hate them. It goes back before 1998, but that's as good a point as any to draw the line.

Forward that to your friends or something.

ContactBuzz
10-24-2008, 10:51 AM
If you do, I hope you're the only one.

Now if we beat UGA, the Rodney King style beatdown by Athens' finest may be well worth it.

GtFan021
10-24-2008, 10:52 AM
i want to beat FSU just as bad as i want to beat UGA. Both teams will come in prepared and ready to win also, i have a feeling both our teams will be in good position to go to the ACCCG with this game having a lot riding on it.

helluvaparamedic
10-24-2008, 10:53 AM
you neglected to mention the bogus onside kick recovery that the zebras gave to the 'Noles in 1992 that basically gave them the win

refrigeratormover
10-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Campbell was a true freshman in the 98' season.

As far as rushing the field, like the others said don't jump off the top deck first, you could hurt some people.

mmbt0ne
10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Please don't waste rushing the field on a team that will be ranked below us. That's just dumb. And besides, it will look stupid when we rush the field two years in a row after beating UGA in Atlanta in 09.

TechFan4Life
10-24-2008, 11:09 AM
:ugh:öööö.... just... öööö. UVA is Saturday... but after that... KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!:angryfire:

The V
10-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I'll bring a rope ladder to get down on the field from the upper east, just in time to kick that Papa Bowdens ass.

And to think just a few years ago it was a girls teaching school, it really has not changed that much.

stinger78
10-24-2008, 11:11 AM
beej, did you forget your Prozac today?

Ish
10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
rushing the field against a team that's ranked below us...yeah, that will go over well

nedleeds
10-24-2008, 11:20 AM
If you were there in 98 and 99 like I was, the scars of having Peter Warrick rape us with SLANT AFTER SLANT AFTER SLANT AFTER SLANT run deep. I'll rush the field and kick Bowden in the taint if given the chance ...

ContactBuzz
10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
After reading the end of the other thread and this one, I predict disappointment in a lot of GT fan's futures. We are not going to finish 7-1 in the conference.

GT is still a very flawed team that has beaten ONE good team (BC) and a bad team under difficult circumstances (Clem). We have done something that many teams haven't - beat everyone that we were supposed to beat. But, IMO, every game left is a toss up and I don't expect to win them all (which means we'll need VT to lose 2 more - and I don't see it with their remaining schedule).

I hope you guys talking about about the ACC-CG and using terms like "nearly" and "virtually" locked up aren't being serious.

GTKyle
10-24-2008, 11:26 AM
If you rush the field beej I'm going to as well, but only so I can find you and punch you in the face. You'll be easy to spot because you'll be wearing saffron.

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!
10-24-2008, 11:27 AM
if UVA can rush the field after beating UNC then we can rush the field after beating FSU... shoot, I say we rush the field if we beat UVA just because...

ContactBuzz
10-24-2008, 11:28 AM
if UVA can rush the field after beating UNC then we can rush the field after beating FSU... shoot, I say we rush the field if we beat UVA just because...

UVA has no history of championships...conference or otherwise. We're not UVA.

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!
10-24-2008, 11:32 AM
UVA has no history of championships...conference or otherwise. We're not UVA.

If you live in the past you'll miss the present... it's about today not past seasons...

besides, if you dont know the past your destined to repeat it, and as you may know, there's no "I" in TEAM...

who cares what you say... You can sit in the stands while I am enjoying the plush feel of the grass that is the oldest field in D-1 football history...

go smoke some pot...

beej67
10-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Please don't waste rushing the field on a team that will be ranked below us. That's just dumb. And besides, it will look stupid when we rush the field two years in a row after beating UGA in Atlanta in 09.

No it won't. It'll look cool. I don't care if they're unranked, or if we're in the top ten. This isn't about ranking, and it's not about getting an upset. It's about PAYBACK, THAT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING.

beej, did you forget your Prozac today?

I don't understand how the possibility of beating FSU to assume a lead in the ACC race, versus the possibility of losing to FSU AGAIN to have them take the lead in the ACC race AGAIN doesn't get every single one of you guys completely steamed up. Mix in that BDS is going to be chocked full of A-holes doing the tommahawk chop, probably with foam axes that say BRAVES on the side because they're all A-hole Atlanta sidewalk fans, in our own öööö stadium ...

....sheesh. And yall are sitting there calm? You're not starting to sweat while you type? To see and want BLOOD?

Screw those guys. Yall must not have been there.

If you were there in 98 and 99 like I was, the scars of having Peter Warrick rape us with SLANT AFTER SLANT AFTER SLANT AFTER SLANT run deep. I'll rush the field and kick Bowden in the taint if given the chance ...

That's what I'm talking about.

After reading the end of the other thread and this one, I predict disappointment in a lot of GT fan's futures. We are not going to finish 7-1 in the conference.

That's why I said "IF."

If VT beats FSU this weekend, then there's no point in rushing the field. If we lose to UVA this weekend then there's no point in rushing the field. If we lose to FSU then obviously there's no point. But if **** all happens in the way we want it to in the next two weeks, as low a probability as that might be, then hell freaking yes I'm rushing the field.

If you rush the field beej I'm going to as well, but only so I can find you and punch you in the face. You'll be easy to spot because you'll be wearing saffron.

Okay, that, friends, was a funny post. I'm glad I unmuted you.

Now you're going a little overboard. We should all do a collective, timed, yawn after we beat them.

ContactBuzz
10-24-2008, 11:38 AM
If you live in the past you'll miss the present... it's about today not past seasons...

besides, if you dont know the past your destined to repeat it, and as you may know, there's no "I" in TEAM...

who cares what you say... You can sit in the stands while I am enjoying the plush feel of the grass that is the oldest field in D-1 football history...

go smoke some pot...

Has nothing to do with living in the past. My problem is rushing the field vs. F$U period. One game against a has-been team with a has-been coach. Not a Coastal division clinching win, no other importance other than keeping us in the Coastal division chase (or lead if GT and F$U both win this weekend). How's that for living in the now?

stinger78
10-24-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't understand how the possibility of beating FSU to assume a lead in the ACC race, versus the possibility of losing to FSU AGAIN to have them take the lead in the ACC race AGAIN doesn't get every single one of you guys completely steamed up. Mix in that BDS is going to be chocked full of A-holes doing the tommahawk chop, probably with foam axes that say BRAVES on the side because they're all A-hole Atlanta sidewalk fans, in our own öööö stadium ...

....sheesh. And yall are sitting there calm? You're not starting to sweat while you type? To see and want BLOOD?

Screw those guys. Yall must not have been there.

Actually, I was living in central FL back then. But I was watching on TV and I did get quite angry. Does that count?

You see, in those days, FSU was my friend. They were the nuke that kept the SEC chestbeating UF fans from holding the upper hand. Hate and blood? Nah, not so much. That's reserved for UGAG.

JoltinJacket
10-24-2008, 11:39 AM
The emotional weight of all of those many, wretched close losses to FSU on BS penalties and dumb freaking luck is enough to take down those goal posts by sheer brain waves alone. I don't need yall.

IF GEORGIA IS THE DEVIL, THEN FSU IS SURELY MEPHISTOPHILES.

+1,000,000

HELL YEAH! I'm right there with ya on your whole post beej.

GTKyle
10-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Okay, that, friends, was a funny post. I'm glad I unmuted you.

Why the hell did you mute me in the first place?

ContactBuzz
10-24-2008, 11:41 AM

Good point. If you don't like what GTKyle has to say, he only averages 3.14 words per post so, in reality, how much time have you wasted?

ContactBuzz
10-24-2008, 11:42 AM
This may settle it....

WWCPJD?

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!
10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
How's that for living in the now?

the way i see it, you posted this at 10:38 and I read it at 10:42 so it is still not in "the now"... until you can post in the future you'll always me in my past...

The Jacket
10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
If we beat Virginia and FSU beats Virginia Tech and we get the win over the Noles, the goal posts will come down. Period.

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!
10-24-2008, 11:44 AM
This may settle it....

WWCPJD?

idk...

wwbobd?

JoltinJacket
10-24-2008, 11:44 AM
This may settle it....

WWCPJD?

Act like he's been there before and calmly walk off the field.

The Jacket
10-24-2008, 11:46 AM
This may settle it....

WWCPJD?Assuming there are authorities guarding the goal posts, he would use misdirection and send the student body to the north goalpost which would take the attention of all the guards and then he'd dismantle the south goalpost by himself. By the time he reached the north one, the students will have taken care of the guards.

The goal posts will come down and from them will be crafted bowls in which Paul Johnson will feed the Tech nation a stew containing the bones, hearts and broken dreams of the Florida State Seminoles.

stinger78
10-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Please, UVA will be a 4-4 team after this Saturday. When we beat UVA, might I suggest that we all have brought a few pages of newspaper to read as the clock winds down.

Now if we beat FSU, I expect the students to do a takedown. I'm a transplanted west stands resident in exile. I'll watch and yell.

The Jacket
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Act like we have been there before? What the hell? Have you people paid attention for the last 16 years or so?

WE HAVEN'T.

We got the shaft every year against Florida State and now that we're faced with the opportunity of beating Florida State and potentially taking a dominant position over them, you want to pretend that we didn't suffer for a decade and a half getting within inches of beating them and coming up short or being outright screwed out of a win?

JonnyGT
10-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks for dredging up so many bad memories that I'd long since suppressed. Please PM me your address so I can send you my therapy bills.

JoltinJacket
10-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Act like we have been there before? What the hell? Have you people paid attention for the last 16 years or so?

WE HAVEN'T.

We got the shaft every year against Florida State and now that we're faced with the opportunity of beating Florida State and potentially taking a dominant position over them, you want to pretend that we didn't suffer for a decade and a half getting within inches of beating them and coming up short or being outright screwed out of a win?

Simmer down Alice. I just said CPJ would prefer for the team to act like they've been there before because F$U is just another win to him.

As for the rest of us who have been a part of getting our hearts torn out time after time, I say we run around like our hair is on fire.

floridajacket
10-24-2008, 12:10 PM
idk...

wwbobd?

Ummm...what will Bill O'Brien do? I'm confused by this one.

The Jacket
10-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Simmer down Alice. I just said CPJ would prefer for the team to act like they've been there before because F$U is just another win to him.

As for the rest of us who have been a part of getting our hearts torn out time after time, I say we run around like our hair is on fire.
I wasn't specifically referring to you, rather the overall sentiment that we should be cool about it and not "waste" it on a team like FSU.

ramblinwreck24
10-24-2008, 12:11 PM
I was a part of the field rushing when we came back to beat UVA in '98 (which was my first ever game), so if we beat these mofos (FSU), I think it is much more deserving of a field rushing than that was.

GT65_UGA89
10-24-2008, 12:12 PM
you neglected to mention the bogus onside kick recovery that the zebras gave to the 'Noles in 1992 that basically gave them the win

I was listening to GT/FSU in the parking lot at Atlanta -Fulton County Stadium getting ready for Game 1 of the World Series --which the Braves won 3-1 on a Damon Berryhill 3-run homer in the 6th.

This was the first game between the two since 1975, and GT held a 7-0-1 record against the non-Bowdon 'Noles.

That zebra that botched that call was Dan Post, an O'Keefe HS grad that went to school with my dad. Post grew up a huge GT fan and my dad ran into him at a Christmas reunion gathering for O'Keefe later that year. Post admitted that he blew the call and felt bad about it.

texstinger
10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
beat uvag.

The Jacket
10-24-2008, 12:34 PM
beat uvag.
That's right guys, stop overlooking the Hoos or this offense is never going to get off the ground.

BarrelORum
10-24-2008, 12:36 PM
First off, lets not look past UVA.

I'm not rushing the field because of 1998 -2003. I'm rushing the field FOR 1992!!! If you want to talk about FSU wins over GT, lets talk about their very first win over GT. In 1992!

It was my sophmore year of school. This game was the beginning of the END of the Bill Lewis era. We were 4-0, FSU was ranked #1 in the country and 4-0. With our senior QB Shawn Jones and GT up 24-13 (maybe someone can clarify the actual score), FSU scores with less than two minutes left to make it 24-20.

With about 1:46 remaining on the clock, FSU onside kicks. The GT player recovers the ball on the ground and a full two seconds later gets hit (AFTER HE WAS ALREADY DOWN!) ball comes loose and FSU recovers. With no time remaining on the clock Charlie Ward hits a player in the corner of the endzone, kicks the extra point for a 27-24 victory. That was the first knife of many, but easily the deepest that FSU stuck in us.

After the game, Bill Lewis still in shock, did the one thing no coach should ever do in that situation, he blamed the players in the locker room in the post game radio show. He lost the team at that moment and never recovered.

The Jacket
10-24-2008, 12:38 PM
As I understand it, he had lost many of the players long before that game. But what you're saying remains true.

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
we can look past whoever we want we're just fans... :-)...

BarrelORum
10-24-2008, 01:43 PM
As I understand it, he had lost many of the players long before that game. But what you're saying remains true.

Long before that game would have been his first 4 games as head coach. So how long are we talking about here?

JoltinJacket
10-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Long before that game would have been his first 4 games as head coach. So how long are we talking about here?

Looking back, I think we should have all lost hope in December of 1991 when he inked that contract.

cajunjacket
10-24-2008, 01:51 PM
we can look past whoever we want we're just fans... :-)...

I agree. We aren't the players or coaching staff. Just fans.

surferdave
10-24-2008, 01:54 PM

Was it here that someone said when he first met the team (that had won 19 games the past two years), he told them that he was going to "turn them into winners"? It sounded like he got off to a bad start right out of the gate.

DeRRtyTree
10-24-2008, 01:54 PM
college game day will be at texas texas tech

M-train Wreck
10-24-2008, 02:00 PM

Why the taint? Has kicking people in the marbles gotten too easy and you need the challange?

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!
10-24-2008, 02:04 PM
no because its at texas Ok State this week and has already been at texas OU (Gameday)

JoeCakeEater
10-24-2008, 02:05 PM
no because its at texas Ok State this week and has already been at texas OU (Gameday)

Was it at Texas-Missouri as well?

Allen Koholic
10-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Has it been confirmed that Gameday is going to the Ok St/Texas game?

Can someone email D-Rad and see what his feelings on us rushing the field is? I'm curious.

I'll be in town that weekend, on campus for the game. It'll be the first game I actually have made it to since 2006 homecoming. I'll make a point of stumbling down near the stadium at the end to participate in the field rush.

Has anyone figured out a better way to get the goal posts out of Bobby Dodd, other then over the side?

GT65_UGA89
10-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Can someone email D-Rad and see what his feelings on us rushing the field is? I'm curious.

Nah --let's just ask Dems.

hdtvfan
10-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Nah --let's just ask Dems.

Or we could act like we have been there before kind of like CPJ tells the team not to make azzes out of themselves when we score.

beej67
10-24-2008, 03:07 PM

We've covered this.

One - because you claimed I was copying your posting material somehow. Mute pretty well solves that.

Two - you thought Paul Newman was "The Salad Dressing Guy." That pretty well invalidated anything you had to say for a minimum 2 week grace period.

Good point. If you don't like what GTKyle has to say, he only averages 3.14 words per post so, in reality, how much time have you wasted?

3.14*4099 words worth

The goal posts will come down and from them will be crafted bowls in which Paul Johnson will feed the Tech nation a stew containing the bones, hearts and broken dreams of the Florida State Seminoles.

Yes. YES. That's the spirit.

Simmer down Alice. I just said CPJ would prefer for the team to act like they've been there before because F$U is just another win to him. .

I do not expect the team to help take down the goalposts, nor to storm the field.

Or we could act like we have been there before kind of like CPJ tells the team not to make azzes out of themselves when we score.

Did Neil Armstrong act like he'd been there before? Hell no. He stormed the freaking moon.

I rest my case.

Allen Koholic
10-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Did Neil Armstrong act like he'd been there before? Hell no. He stormed the freaking moon.You've convinced me. Might I suggest that you make your way over to the student section, for ease of access, rather then attempt to jump from the jacket's nest?

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!
10-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Cause Hadn't Been There Before Lol... And Neither Have We, Not Since 1990...

ContactBuzz
10-24-2008, 03:37 PM
We've covered this.

3.14*4099 words worth Except on Stingtalk if you reply 50 times in one thread it only counts as 1 post, so Kyle has posted in *only* 4,099 threads. His total post count is infinitely more than that

Did Neil Armstrong act like he'd been there before? Hell no. He stormed the freaking moon. Allegedly

I rest my case.

x

GT65_UGA89
10-24-2008, 03:37 PM
You've convinced me. Might I suggest that you make your way over to the student section, for ease of access, rather then attempt to jump from the jacket's nest?

Yeah, I may just be in as well. I'll have to leap from 224 into the gold chairback section --but I guess there's no danger of landing on anybody there.

GTROY
10-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Beej, I usually agree with you. I think you're a good guy overall. However, I think rushing the field over this win would be pretty dumb. History may be history, but we will look like the biggest idiots who ever lived if we rush the field against a team ranked lower (or really close) to us. If we haven't lost a game by then, we'll be 8-1 counting the win. Now, if the Georgia game was at home this year, I could understand rushing the field after the win.

IF we are lucky enough to win, we need to act like we SHOULD have beaten them, like we EXPECTED to beat them. Let's act like we've been there before, gentlemen.

GTROY
10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Did Neil Armstrong act like he'd been there before? Hell no. He stormed the freaking moon.

I rest my case.

My counterargument aside, THIS is freaking classic.

GT65_UGA89
10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
... History may be history, but we will look like the biggest idiots who ever lived if we rush the field against a team ranked lower (or really close) to us.

Good point. I'm out again --the gold chairbacks are safe.

Allen Koholic
10-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Beej, I usually agree with you. I think you're a good guy overall. However, I think rushing the field over this win would be pretty dumb. History may be history, but we will look like the biggest idiots who ever lived if we rush the field against a team ranked lower (or really close) to us. If we haven't lost a game by then, we'll be 8-1 counting the win. Now, if the Georgia game was at home this year, I could understand rushing the field after the win.

IF we are lucky enough to win, we need to act like we SHOULD have beaten them, like we EXPECTED to beat them. Let's act like we've been there before, gentlemen.By the time next weekend happens, with all the cock massaging that the media gives to St. Bobbys team, they may have a higher rank then us, no matter what this weekend's outcome is...

THE ACC CANNOT BE COMPETITIVE UNTIL FSU AND MIAMI ARE BACK ON TOP!!!!!!111111onehundredandeleven!!!

BHP12345
10-24-2008, 03:47 PM
IF we are lucky enough to win, we need to act like we SHOULD have beaten them, like we EXPECTED to beat them. Let's act like we've been there before, gentlemen.

No. That's how players should act. Fans should act as excited/happy/crazy as they want to be.

Last time we rushed the field was Auburn. They were ranked, but the big deal was that we hadn't beaten them since 1978 (is that right?). Therefore it would be logical to rush for a team we haven't beaten since before that.

If we are arguing about which to do, I would suggest after the Miami game if it clinches the division for us and puts us at 10-1.

TechinItEasy
10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I say we rush sandford stadium after the gagger game.

GTROY
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
No. That's how players should act. Fans should act as excited/happy/crazy as they want to be.

Last time we rushed the field was Auburn. They were ranked, but the big deal was that we hadn't beaten them since 1978 (is that right?). Therefore it would be logical to rush for a team we haven't beaten since before that.

If we are arguing about which to do, I would suggest after the Miami game if it clinches the division for us and puts us at 10-1.

The reason we rushed the field against Auburn is that they were ranked in the top 10. It was also a big win because Reggie Ball had been heavily recruited by Auburn, and then told he would never play. That's when Tech came a'callin'. I just think we should set our sights higher for field-rushes, guys.

beej67
10-24-2008, 04:12 PM
The reason we rushed the field against Auburn is that they were ranked in the top 10. It was also a big win because Reggie Ball had been heavily recruited by Auburn, and then told he would never play. That's when Tech came a'callin'. I just think we should set our sights higher for field-rushes, guys.

That's because you're young. You don't remember the pain.

The reason we rushed the field vs Auburn was because our previous game was a loss to Fresno State in a crappy bowl where we had no QB after our first year of the Gailey Emotional Roller Coaster Ride, and we thought we were finally off of it.

Imagine if you will, for whatever reason, we took a 5 year break from playing Georgia, starting this year. They'd owned us 7 years in a row, just like 2001 through 2007, then we quit playing them. But then they sucked for 5 years straight, and we knew for sure we could waste them if given the chance, but then the year they were finally back on our schedule they were good again.

Envision that. The kind of hate you have for Georgia now - that you SHOULD have anyway - that is the hate you should feel for FSU. That hate. That searing, depths of your guts hate. The kind of hate that could bore holes in mountains and vaporize villages of orphaned children on the other side, who's only crime is that they received UGA clothing and other paraphernalia from the Red Cross, and were unlucky enough to be in proximity of your all powerful, Chi focused Hate. Emperor Palpatine hate. Dark side of the Force hate. Blue Fracking LIGHTNING hate.

Hating FSU is not some Hokey Religion, and storming the field is not some Ancient Weapon. Hating Florida State surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

JoltinJacket
10-24-2008, 04:13 PM
I say we rush sandford stadium after the gagger game.

Agreed. Let's assault and rape their hedges just as we did 10 years ago following a 7 year streak.

Rodzilla
10-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Agreed. Let's assault and rape their hedges just as we did 10 years ago following a 7 year streak.

I ask...what happened to the people who did that?

JoltinJacket
10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I ask...what happened to the people who did that?
Not a thing. The inbreds were too stunned by Brad Chambers' heroics that they didn't pay attention/didn't care.

Seems like we got ridiculed in the media afterward, but it was worth it.

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!
10-24-2008, 04:26 PM
ahh, the ole' hedge humpers...

GT Adamni
10-24-2008, 04:49 PM
GameDay is at Ohio State/Penn State this weekend, and was at Texas a couple weeks ago for the OU game. There's a decent chance they'll be in Atlanta for the FSU game if both of us win this weekend.

The Jacket
10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
GameDay is at Ohio State/Penn State this weekend, and was at Texas a couple weeks ago for the OU game. There's a decent chance they'll be in Atlanta for the FSU game if both of us win this weekend.

I agree. Plus it'll be a nice way for them to highlight an ACC game for once this season. Let's do our part to give them a reason. :)

GTKyle
10-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh, and good luck rushing the field from the upper north, my saffron-suited friend.

ASimPerson
10-24-2008, 06:04 PM

The reason we rushed the field vs Auburn was because our previous game was a loss to Fresno State in a crappy bowl where we had no QB after our first year of the Gailey Emotional Roller Coaster Ride, and we thought we were finally off of it.

We had also lost to BYU to start the season out in Provo the week before.

(That was my freshman year and my first home game. Seems like so long ago.)

gsu_paintballer
10-24-2008, 06:15 PM
I agree. Plus it'll be a nice way for them to highlight an ACC game for once this season. Let's do our part to give them a reason. :)

Isn't UGA/UF the same weekend? Why would they come here when they could have the almighty SEC?

GTplusCPJequalsSuccess
10-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Isn't UGA/UF the same weekend? Why would they come here when they could have the almighty SEC?

Well, we all know what happened when gameday last traveled to see the dawgs! They um....didn't exactly impress.....I'll bet Corso was thinking "that's the last time we travel to see these criminals play prison ball"

Vespidie
10-24-2008, 10:54 PM
To really make a statement, the field rush needs to take place at half time or the end of the 3rd quarter. After the game is too predictable, plus enforcement officials have been lulled into protecting at the end of the game. A mass assault at an atypical time would be classic and make national TV. Just make sure that you have a good disguise, so peers and bosses can't identify you.

The Jacket
10-25-2008, 01:07 AM

As much as they've been all over the collective jocks of that conference, they don't just go to SEC games because they're there. There's a decent chance of them showing up.

If Georgia loses tomorrow, we win and VT wins, I'd probably put money on them coming to our game.

goldeagle
10-25-2008, 01:31 AM

Imagine if you will, for whatever reason, we took a 5 year break from playing Georgia, starting this year. They'd owned us 7 years in a row, just like 2001 through 2007, then we quit playing them. But then they sucked for 5 years straight, and we knew for sure we could waste them if given the chance, but then the year they were finally back on our schedule they were good again.

Envision that. The kind of hate you have for Georgia now - that you SHOULD have anyway - that is the hate you should feel for FSU. That hate. That searing, depths of your guts hate. The kind of hate that could bore holes in mountains and vaporize villages of orphaned children on the other side, who's only crime is that they received UGA clothing and other paraphernalia from the Red Cross, and were unlucky enough to be in proximity of your all powerful, Chi focused Hate. Emperor Palpatine hate. Dark side of the Force hate. Blue Fracking LIGHTNING hate.

Hating FSU is not some Hokey Religion, and storming the field is not some Ancient Weapon. Hating Florida State surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

öööö BJ, YOU MAKE ME WANT TO DRIVE TO TALLY AND STORM THE FIELD NOW!!

beej67
11-01-2008, 10:26 PM
:)

The Jacket
11-01-2008, 10:26 PM
:)

I love you.

JoltinJacket
11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I love you.
+10000000

kevinw33
11-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I was on the field!!!!!!!!!!!1

cyptomcat
11-01-2008, 10:55 PM
me too, I doubt beej had time to get on the field.

beej67
11-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Correct. This was as close as I could get, after wading through all the FSU guys pouring down the stairs:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/52/l_b870255b64944ab289bd1e5f7a170409.jpg

gth816f
11-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Wow. GREAT pic BeeJ. No idea so many people were on the field.

GTSaxophone
11-02-2008, 01:33 AM
That was absolutely beautiful. I literally shed a tear for that scene. The only things that can top that are an ACC Championship, a Nat'l Title, or beating u[sic]ga here next year (specifically so I can see the actual goalposts come down, I'm glad we didn't go that far today)

Rodzilla
11-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Correct. This was as close as I could get, after wading through all the FSU guys pouring down the stairs:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/52/l_b870255b64944ab289bd1e5f7a170409.jpg

Do you have a higher res version of that you could send me?

beej67
11-02-2008, 09:56 AM
No higher res version, was taken from my cel phone. I've got two or three but that was about the best one. Sorry.

And holy crap, the Jacket's Nest is the FRONT LINE OF THE TRENCHES OF EVIL OPPOSING FAN DOOM. It was rough up there last night.

theShaft
11-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Y'all see the 'security' around the goal posts? Locked arms and all.

ramblinwreck24
11-02-2008, 11:14 AM
My brother and I made it onto the field from the Jackets Nest, but it took some sprinting, dodging and a little bit of lead blocking to get there.

GTROY
11-02-2008, 11:44 AM
That field-rushing meant so much, when you think about it. We weren't just excited over a big win over FSU. If that what it, the rush was borderline unwarranted. However, a couple of things combined to make this not only completely warranted, but really IMPORTANT for our TEAM and FANBASE as a whole.

1. The history of the series. I'm sure I don't need to remind you of that.

2. The consequences of the game. The best comment I heard last night was, "Georgia Tech DOESN'T win that game." Usually we are the team getting our hearts crushed on the final play of a drive to take the lead.

3. The momentum. Although I'm still holding my breath, the team's ACCCG hopes are still alive.

4. The Buy-in. After last week, we heard a lot about Chan. I think we now know just how much our team's attitude has changed in just a single year. We can break down how we almost gave the game away. BUT, last year, I think this team DOES give that game away.

This game (and the field-rushing) was important because the fans and team have bought into our new system. The team knows that if they trust in the system and play their butts off, then big wins will come. The fans let them know that we've bought in, and are with them every step of the way.

I yelled at Beej for suggesting a field-rushing, but perhaps he was just a little wiser than the rest of us for a day. Beej, I apologize. I had a great time on the field. It was amazing.

The Jacket
11-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Y'all see the 'security' around the goal posts? Locked arms and all.

Yeah, and I think they might have appeared out of thin air. I looked over one second and there was nobody around the goal posts and when I looked back to the game and over at the posts again, they were protected by three branches of the US Military.

00Burdell
11-02-2008, 12:05 PM
... they were protected by three branches of the US Military.

Lemme guess... the Navy was not represented. ;)

techjacket
11-02-2008, 12:16 PM

Thanks for my new wallpaper!

yellowphysics
11-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Here's another nice shot from the AJC:

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/02/17/12/slideshow_812172_tech10.jpg

mmbt0ne
11-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Here's a ridiculous shot from the AJC

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/04/47/12/slideshow_812474_tech18.jpg

GTKyle
11-02-2008, 02:06 PM
I was the first person to rush from the north endzone.

GEETEELEE
11-02-2008, 02:17 PM

I saw you! Pointed you out to my wife and said; there goes the first dork onto the field.

Rodzilla
11-02-2008, 02:26 PM

Were you the one who got body-slammed into the wall by that cop?

beej67
11-03-2008, 10:39 AM

Would you have done it without the influence from Stingtalk?

Just curious.

gth816f
11-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Were you the one who got body-slammed into the wall by that cop?

GTKyle, this needs to be answered.

GTROY
11-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes Kyle. Please tell me that was you.

cyptomcat
11-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Would you have done it without the influence from Stingtalk?

Just curious. It looked like the south rushed first and with players encouraging them to do so.

GTland03
11-04-2008, 01:53 AM
I stormed the field also...

Good times.