PDA

View Full Version : Mike Knobler owned by comments

GTKyle
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/tech/entries/2007/12/14/creative_fundra.html

wow, look at the comments. Owned.

gsu_paintballer
12-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Very much so. Serves him right

ContactBuzz
12-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I usually try to defend the AJC writers (they do a good job for the most part). There is no excusing this blog.

gth816f
12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
That wasn't even remotely funny. I don't even understand the point of that article. Sounds like something we would put in our joke newspaper before the U[sic]GA game.

cyptomcat
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Even by non-techies:
By RedneckGeorgiaFan
December 14, 2007 2:51 PM | Link to this (http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/tech/entries/2007/12/14/creative_fundra.html#comment-5546902)
huk huk
i am a georgia fan and i evin think ur dumb!!!!

beej67
12-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Now see, that is a good reason to email Dan.

gth816f
12-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Even by non-techies:

I'm sure "RedneckGeorgiaFan" is a completely legit Georgia fan....

cyptomcat
12-14-2007, 05:53 PM
as legit as the tech fans there ;)

Smokin'Jacket
12-14-2007, 05:54 PM
That NGaDawg is special too....wow

Bogey
12-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I usually try to defend the AJC writers (they do a good job for the most part). There is no excusing this blog.
If that is true, you are an absolute idiot. The AJC writers are a big part of Dawg Nation who take turns taking shots at us. You can expect more of this now since we have hired a coach who can compete on the same field and the recruiting stage is coming to an end.

Ish
12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Mike Knobler is usually better than that. wow.

BuzzCzar
12-14-2007, 10:11 PM
mike put the "knob" back in Knobler

if i was Letterman, I'd steal his K and make him Nobler...K?

SMoney
12-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh wait, another fantastic piece by the ajc you say???

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-bored-cat.jpg

gth816f
12-14-2007, 11:37 PM
If that is true, you are an absolute idiot. The AJC writers are a big part of Dawg Nation who take turns taking shots at us. You can expect more of this now since we have hired a coach who can compete on the same field and the recruiting stage is coming to an end.

There is a lot of idiocy here regarding the AJC. Sometimes it is justified, often it is not. I also find myself defending the AJC simply because I get sick of seeing the mindless attacks. One time there was a thread blasting an AJC article because it said that teams would stack the box and force Bennett to pass against us because he was an unproven QB. That was actually what people were upset with.

GTWannaBee
12-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I'll give the AJC one thing - they did an outstanding job of covering spring practices.

clapper
12-15-2007, 10:00 AM
The AJC writers are a big part of Dawg Nation who take turns taking shots at us.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4535/1132/1600/the_optimist.0.jpg

Allen Koholic
12-15-2007, 11:48 AM
My problem with the AJC is not the obvious UGA slant. UGA is the large state university with a bat sh*t insane fan base that absolutely gobble this garbage up like a it's a can of Skoal.

No, my problem with the AJC is the overall quality of the newspaper. It's a rag, with horrible writing in general. It's written for the lowest common denominator in the area, which usually happens to be the Cro-Mags that also wear a camo UGA hat. Every section of that newspaper is crap. If you want a well written paper that actually has a positive Tech slant, just get a copy of the 'Nique every week.

MacDaddy2
12-15-2007, 12:25 PM
In the words of Sgt. Hulka

"Lighten up Frances"

We need to stop thinking the world is out to get us.

That is the main reason a lot of the Atlanta transplants do not support GT because of all the whining and bitching we do. The world is not out to F#$% us.

srschirm
12-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah I'm usually one to defend the AJC writers, but I really don't get this one. It looks like something a UGA fan who thinks he's clever would post.

Nothing like your own beat writer making public fun of you.

ContactBuzz
12-15-2007, 02:10 PM
No, my problem with the AJC is the overall quality of the newspaper. It's a rag, with horrible writing in general. It's written for the lowest common denominator in the area, which usually happens to be the Cro-Mags that also wear a camo UGA hat. Every section of that newspaper is crap. If you want a well written paper that actually has a positive Tech slant, just get a copy of the 'Nique every week.Bingo.

I get tired of people confusing poor quality with UGA bias. Most of the sports writers aren't UGA grads - Carter Strickland (UGA beat writer) is the only one. Knobler and Winklejohn are not - nor are any of the columnists.

cyclejacket
12-15-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm not usually that sensitive to their writers, but I gotta agree with srschirm here. Something just doesn't smell right about your own beat writer making fun of you. Its bad enuff that the puppie riffraff is allowed to pollute almost every one of our blogs with the same ole bull****. Imagine if Carter Strickland wrote a column like this about Ugag. The ajc website would melt down from the objections and CS would probably be looking for another place of employment.

Bogey
12-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Bingo.

I get tired of people confusing poor quality with UGA bias. Most of the sports writers aren't UGA grads - Carter Strickland (UGA beat writer) is the only one. Knobler and Winklejohn are not - nor are any of the columnists.
Do you even read their articles?

beej67
12-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't wipe my ass with that paper.

But I'd definitely wipe my ass on Knobler's car door handle, if I knew where he lived.

gth816f
12-15-2007, 05:51 PM
My problem with the AJC is not the obvious UGA slant. UGA is the large state university with a bat sh*t insane fan base that absolutely gobble this garbage up like a it's a can of Skoal.

No, my problem with the AJC is the overall quality of the newspaper. It's a rag, with horrible writing in general. It's written for the lowest common denominator in the area, which usually happens to be the Cro-Mags that also wear a camo UGA hat. Every section of that newspaper is crap. If you want a well written paper that actually has a positive Tech slant, just get a copy of the 'Nique every week.

While I appreciate the Technique for what it is, I don't know what your definition of "well written" must be. The Technique is written by people without college degrees who aren't even working towards degrees in journalism. While the AJC might not have the greatest writing, it is clearly a step up from the Marietta Daily Journal(the quality of the writing is so bad that many times it doesn't even read smoothly) or the Technique(student newspaper). Is it on the level of the NY Times or USA today? Definitely not, but those are national papers. The quality of the writing tends to go up with the size of the region the paper is made for.

beej67
12-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Simit Shah, Technique sports editor (now retired and working for CNN as the manager for cnn.com) had more journalism skill in his pinky finger than is on the entire AJC sports writing staff, with the possible exception of Barhhart and Bisher.

I wish there was an archive of his articles. They were outstanding.