PDA

View Full Version : Best Matchup of Round One?

gtfan1147
03-13-2007, 04:45 AM
I have heard several analysts say that UNLV-Georgia Tech could very well be the most intriguing first round game of this tournament. ESPN's Andy Glockner and CBSsportsline's Gary Parrish think so.

I tend to agree with them. I think this will be a great ballgame and I think either the Jackets or Runnin' Rebels can definitely take out Wisconsin and advance to the next weekend.

What do you think? Is GT-UNLV the best first round game or is there another one out there that you think holds major significance?

GT65_UGA89
03-13-2007, 08:37 AM
It's really hard to pick just one. I think that this year there are more intriguing first round games than in any other year of the tournament.

Arizona/Purdue
Butler/Old Dominion
Maryland/Davidson
Notre Dame/Winthrop
UNLV/Georgia Tech

...these games are all from one region!

You also have:

Kentucky/Villanova
Virginia Tech/Illinois
Southern Illinois/Holy Cross
Duke/VCU
Indiana/Gonzaga
Marquette/Michigan State
Boston College/Texas Tech
Tennessee/Long Beach State
Virginia/Albany
Louisville/Stanford
Nevada/Creighton

...I've just listed half of the first round match-ups.

Of course I am most interested in GT/UNLV, and it is also a very intriguing matchup, but for whatever reason, I'm looking forward to the Butler/Old Dominion and Nevada/Creighton matchups.

With these two matchups you will have two mid-major teams from the Colonial, Horizon, MVC or WAC (not a mid-major conference, but it's not like Nevada is a national power) advancing to the 2nd round, and I think any of them will have a chance in their 2nd round match-up to make it to the Sweet 16.

stonegt
03-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Outside of GT, I'm looking forward to

Winthrop-ND
Louisville-Stanford
Kentucky-Villanova
Duke-VCU