PDA

View Full Version : Nice Choke!

beej1953
02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Up 69-62 with 3:41 left and don't score the rest of the game. Very nice!

That probably cost us an NCAA bid. I don't see any way we'll beat both UNC and BC, even at home...

gtfan088
02-24-2007, 06:50 PM
You're right. We should probably forfeit the remaining games.

nedleeds
02-24-2007, 06:52 PM
No forfeits ... but these epic scoring droughts are pathetic. We have nothing coming out of timeouts to get baskets. Duke seems to score or get fouled out of every timeout where they have the ball.

Trader Buzz
02-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Nice shot selection by AM coming out of our last time out. Not smart...

bsakoff
02-24-2007, 06:53 PM
You're right. We should probably forfeit the remaining games.

No but it is the truth. The only chance we have is to win a few in the ACC tourney.

GT65_UGA89
02-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Yep, we burn TO's during odd times of the game (like 26 seconds after a TVTO) and end up turning the ball over. We'd be better off running the offense without stopping the game.

pocket_watch
02-24-2007, 06:55 PM
We have nothing coming out of timeouts to get baskets.

Tempo was in our favor before calling the first of the last 3. We were up by 5 with the ball!

bsakoff
02-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Tempo was in our favor before calling the first of the last 3. We were up by 5 with the ball!
And for what? Coaching once agian at GT has let us down.

pocket_watch
02-24-2007, 07:05 PM
And for what? Coaching once agian at GT has let us down.

I think PH just gets nervous in crunch time. He could just close his eyes like a lot of fans when J Jack was around.

gtfan088
02-24-2007, 07:09 PM
No but it is the truth. The only chance we have is to win a few in the ACC tourney.

Well then why not forfeit the games against UNC and BC? It's obvious we have absolutely no chance in winning both of these games, so why waste the time of the players, coaches, fans, officials, etc?

GT65_UGA89
02-24-2007, 07:11 PM
We can't beat BC at AMC? I think we're capable.

gtfan088
02-24-2007, 07:14 PM
We can't beat BC at AMC? I think we're capable.

Both UNC and BC are beatable but nearly everyone thinks we go 1-1 at best and are destined for the NIT. Judging by the posts I've seen, winning both of these games isn't an option and even beating BC is improbable.

I understand we just suffered a gut-wrenching loss, but it still amazes me how down people get.

pocket_watch
02-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Well then why not forfeit the games against UNC and BC? It's obvious we have absolutely no chance in winning both of these games, so why waste the time of the players, coaches, fans, officials, etc?

I think we would get in trouble with the league if we tried to do that. If they were road games though, I would risk it.

GT65_UGA89
02-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Both UNC and BC are beatable but nearly everyone thinks we go 1-1 at best and are destined for the NIT. Judging by the posts I've seen, winning both of these games isn't an option and even beating BC is improbable.

I understand we just suffered a gut-wrenching loss, but it still amazes me how down people get.

True that we just need to tip it off at home and see what happens. If we play well we have the talent to play with UNC and certainly defeat BC. I thought we could/should beat UVA, but we didn't. It's over and UNC is next ...bring 'em on and let's see what happens.

gnats67
02-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Hewitt gets lost bringing home the bacon.

77GTFan
02-25-2007, 01:23 PM
In the last half of the season, we have been good when Crittenton has been good. Yesterday - foul trouble, 4 turnovers and 1 assist, 30% shooting, only 12 or 13 points, I believe. Granted, he was playing against very good guards. But, to win again we need to give him the ball, clear for him, screen for him, and let him do his thing.

cincytechie
02-25-2007, 01:45 PM
In the last half of the season, we have been good when Crittenton has been good. Yesterday - foul trouble, 4 turnovers and 1 assist, 30% shooting, only 12 or 13 points, I believe. Granted, he was playing against very good guards. But, to win again we need to give him the ball, clear for him, screen for him, and let him do his thing.

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly with you. Our problem is not playing enough selfish basketball. All players should mimic Thad's playing style of going one-on-three with blindsiders focused completely on the rim. Heck, we might as well just have Thad and Critt play two-on-five and disallow any passing.

Our problem has been and will be team basketball. We have a group of young players who are accustomed to being the "show," and Hewitt has been remarkably ineffective in breaking them down and building them up into actual basketball players. I believe in Tech basketball, but I have lost faith in Hewitt's coaching ability when it comes to molding five-star recruits into players.

ncjacket
02-25-2007, 02:36 PM
To me our problem is our guards aren't good enough. By that I mean solid ballhandlers who understand how to control a game, get the ball to the right player at the right time and maintain calm when the game gets to the pressure points. JC is a great basketball player, but he isn't a pressure ball handler. Our other guards aren't good ball handlers at all, so it all falls to JC and that's not his game. He wants to make the flashy play. We need Causey or someone who is satisfied with simply running the clock and the offense.

cyclejacket
02-25-2007, 04:56 PM
We need Causey or someone who is satisfied with simply running the clock and the offense.

What makes you think Causey is that person? In HS and every year at college except for his frosh year at Gtown he has been the show.

ncjacket
02-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, the words "Causey or someone" infers that if he isn't the person we need someone like that. My point still stands though. To win on the road you have to be able to control the tempo and maintain control. We simply have too many turnovers in crunch time.