PDA

View Full Version : Sounds just like Rampley in '85....

TechRex
12-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Precedence has been set... Todd Rampley made his first career start in the 1985 All-America Bowl and led the Jackets to a 17-14 victory over Michigan State. Todd replaced starter John Dewberry (this would have been Dewberry's last game to play as a Senior for Tech). Of note Charles White (Michigan St.) was the leading rusher in the nation at this time. White had a 158 yards in the game, but the Tech defense limited all other offense to only 75 total yards.

This will create a lot of problems for WVU because defending Taylor will be different than defending Ball. We will probably be able to slant inside/outside as well as hit the secondary receivers. I look for Tashard to have a super game and Calvin to have the best game of his career.

We will actually be UNPREDICTABLE, and will finally realize our POTENTIAL!!!

GO Jackets, sting the HEll out of the toothless wonders!!

law_bee
12-21-2006, 06:57 PM
I think everyone is a little excited about he possibilities.

If TB plays well CG will be the goat for not pulling the trigger earlier.

JacketFanPCB
12-21-2006, 07:09 PM
I think some folks need to temper their expectations. Remember that Taylor has never started against a Top 20 team. To expect our offense to roll is a little premature. Taylor has started ONE game previously.
He may not be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana just yet. ;)

GT65_UGA89
12-21-2006, 08:58 PM
This will create a lot of problems for WVU because defending Taylor will be different than defending Ball. We will actually be UNPREDICTABLE..

One things for certain, WV won't be able to get their hands on a lot of game film of TB.

bsakoff
12-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I think some folks need to temper their expectations. Remember that Taylor has never started against a Top 20 team. To expect our offense to roll is a little premature. Taylor has started ONE game previously.
He may not be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana just yet. ;)

True but we have seen plenty of RB.YUCK.....

ramblinwise1
12-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Also, remember when Jim Stevens came in and took over for McAshan in '72? He actually had to play unprepared against the dawgs and couldn't do much, but he was lights out in the Liberty Bowl, a 31-30 win over Iowa State.

BarrelORum
12-21-2006, 10:25 PM
I think everyone is a little excited about he possibilities.

If TB plays well CG will be the goat for not pulling the trigger earlier.

Gailey's the goat anyway for not having a QB who could perform better than what we've had for 4 years, especially the last two games. Sole blame and responsibility is on him.