PDA

View Full Version : Maryland taking it to #1 Florida

ylojk8
12-11-2003, 12:07 AM
go ACC, let's get another top ten seed to fall.

ylojk8
12-11-2003, 01:49 AM
alright! what a game!

Maryland pulls one out ..

another top team falls.

Ramblinwreck055
12-11-2003, 02:15 AM
yup, but i doubt UF falls out of the top ten. UCONN fell two places and Kansas fell six. Tech fans now become lousiville fans this week. If Florida falls to louisville in louisville, then Floridia falls out of the top ten teams.

I just don't know about Maryland this year. They looked great vs. Wisconsin, terrible vs. Gonzaga, and scrappy tonite. I think that Jamar Smith and Jon Gilchrist are real talented. Nik Caner-Medly is the hardest working player in the ACC. Stawberry and Garrison are real scrappy.
I think Maryland gets ranked at the end of the year. 9 out of the ten man rotation are fresh.-Soph. If they gain consistancy, they will be dangerous come ACC time.

TampaJacket
12-11-2003, 02:41 AM
Maryland looks alot like our team last year. I think they're too young this year, but next year will be another story...Mike

Ham4heisman
12-11-2003, 03:03 AM
Just talkin about the ACC, i think that NC State is overrated. Julius HOdge didnt do anything against us last year. In the ACC schedule we should be able to take 2 from them, hopefully our road play will improve.

Also, Maryland isnt as talented as they have been the past few years. They lost Wilcox (NBA) and Juan Dixon 2 years ago and last year they lost their distributor Steve Blake. However, they do have an oustanding coach in Gary Williams and I expect those to be tough games.

Duke is good as usual, and from the somewhat Lebron type hype Luol DANG has been getting he must be pretty good. A win against them is unlikely yet possible. It would be HUGE to finally knock off the Dukies.

I think we can split with chapel hill. They have a great home court. It is loud and energetic. Williams is another great coach. SPlitting with them will be hard, we've got to be loud during at our place.

Clempsun is just bad and they have a new coach. We're taking two wins from them

Wake is another good team. They have a superb "diaper dandy" in Chris Paul and the Danylelius player is solid.

FSU is a little overrated too. They do have a fantastic Senior in Tim Pickett and a MacDonald's All-American on the team plus a bunch of returning starters/benchies. They will be a tough play.

UVA cant beat us at home. They are somewhat falling off the charts in my opinion. We really have got to get two from them.

kirbee
12-11-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TampaJacket:
Maryland looks alot like our team last year. I think they're too young this year, but next year will be another story...Mike<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is exactly right. I know they didn't score a FG in the last 10 minutes of that game (not including overtime). I'm pretty sure they didn't score a FG in their half-court offense the last 15 minutes or so. They got a couple buckets of break away steals. This is a tell-tell sign of young players (and what our team did a lot last year). Fortunately they had built a 17 point lead. Gary Williams tactical decision to slow down the game in order to hang on paid off.

SloMotion
12-11-2003, 08:17 PM
This proves my point of why the polls are stupid, we killed Uconn in there backyard yet coaches and writers say they are #1 when they have a loss and have no quality wins...the polls suck in football and basketball